Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
kalitta charters

MVSW said:
Do you know anyone from there? Mins? Pay? Do they have a website? I would love to fly for wal mart in a lear, but I think that the mins are 2K or 2500TT. And the last I heard that 1 slot came open and they had 4K resumes.

I am reposting what I wrote in another thread, it answers your question. Website is www.kalittacharters.com. And I know me (at least I think I do), I work there.

250wk for first 6mo from date of hire including training. Although once you are online you get perdiem ($1.50 hr) and any wait time ($15hr, which can add up on passenger trips). Second six months $300 wk guarantee .04 cents per mile lear .o5 cents falcon. At one year it is .08 .09 I believe, captains more. 20 and 30 series Lears and falcon 20's. A mix of cargo passenger and air ambo in the Lears, cargo and just 1 passenger bird in the falcons. The per mile, per diem and, wait time averages low 20's first year low to mid 30's second year, first year Capt. around 60k. In my opinion fantastic maintenance (3rd operator I have worked for). Flying to North America, South America, Europe, Africa, and Asia (although outside north America trips are much less frequent than inside).

Schedule for co-pilots is 2weeks on 1 week off rotating, you can trade whole weeks off if you can find a willing person. Typically plenty of trips that get home during the 2 weeks on, haven’t been stuck on the road for more than 3 days yet although it can happen. I like the schedule, makes it very easy to plan family stuff waaay in advance since you know your schedule for the entire year. Crew bases in Yip (the bigger one) and Morristown TN.

I think it is a great place with good management. Not perfect but one of the better 135 operators out there. The first 6mo pay is tough no doubt, once you are online it gets better then at 6 mos it can get a lot better. Although they were very up front in the interview, everyone knows what is coming.

Although many different types hired, flight instructors with times in the low to high teens seems to be the norm.

If you have any questions ask here or feel free to pm me.

-kingaira90

Thanks for all the info. What are the age group of pilots with you guys? What does the interview consist of? I already know that I will take a pay cut when I move up, but Iam ready to move up and ready for the sorry pay.

One more thing Kingaira90... Who do in need to send my resume too? HR?CP? If you could help that would be great. I just thought that I would go ahead and send them one. Just need to know who to send it too. Thanks agin

Flight Express has a 210 base in LIT. I spent 7 months there and I hear that they are having a hard time getting a pilot to go there. They would probably love your total time.

I personally know of one fr8 job that will be opening as of today with Central Air southwest in a Commander out of Nashville. How do I know, because I quit.

MVSW said:
One more thing Kingaira90... Who do in need to send my resume too? HR?CP? If you could help that would be great. I just thought that I would go ahead and send them one. Just need to know who to send it too. Thanks agin

Heard they may be doing interviews in the not too distant future. The CP's name is Brad Clark. Might try giving him a call and talk to him. Good guy.

Okay, tell us your tale oh whoa....

Way2Broke said:
I personally know of one fr8 job that will be opening as of today with Central Air southwest in a Commander out of Nashville. How do I know, because I quit.

.....so what happened, why are you bailing?

Way2Broke said:

Not a good place to work??

kingaira90 said:
Heard they may be doing interviews in the not too distant future. The CP's name is Brad Clark. Might try giving him a call and talk to him. Good guy.

SOunds good...I sent my resume to you guys today.? Do you have a phone number for him

Latest resources

Back