Job Post on NBAA: Valero (Seriously)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HawkerF/O

Got this post in my email this morning from the NBAA Airmail Job Board. I know that they have been looking for quite some time now, so I have no what it is they are not getting or what they are looking for. As always, good luck. From the description, it looks like it might be an Asst Chief or higher position.

Here's the post:

Valero Energy Corporation based in San Antonio, Tx. is accepting resumes for the position of Captain. Applicants must have a minimum of 4000 hours total time with 500 turbine. LR 60 and C-750 experience a plus as well as a corporate aviation background and a college degree. Applicant must also be well grounded in team principals, self-management, SOPs, flexibility, and total safety culture.

The position includes non-flying aviation duties such as IS- BAO development, cost tracking, customer care development, employee screening, and community projects. Please send resumes to [email protected].. Thank You in advance for your interest.

HawkerF/O said:
Got this post in my email this morning from the NBAA Airmail Job Board. I know that they have been looking for quite some time now, so I have no what it is they are not getting or what they are looking for. As always, good luck. From the description, it looks like it might be an Asst Chief or higher position.

Here's the post:

Valero Energy Corporation based in San Antonio, Tx. is accepting resumes for the position of Captain. Applicants must have a minimum of 4000 hours total time with 500 turbine. LR 60 and C-750 experience a plus as well as a corporate aviation background and a college degree. Applicant must also be well grounded in team principals, self-management, SOPs, flexibility, and total safety culture.

The position includes non-flying aviation duties such as IS- BAO development, cost tracking, customer care development, employee screening, and community projects. Please send resumes to [email protected].. Thank You in advance for your interest.

Don't waste your time. I have a good friend who flew the LR-60 at Flexjet and currently flies the C-750 at Netjets who has over 6,000tt with 2500 PIC in the C-750. He sent a resume, talked to the C.P. on the phone, never got any call back, no thanks - but no thanks letter - nothing. He called to follow up, no response. He also had a college degree and was able to check virtually every box they had. He even said he was willing to move to Austin on his own dime to get the job.

Any company that avoids job applicants and cannot even generate a courtesy letter is screwed up. Makes you wonder what else is messed up on the inside.

If he told him he'd be willing to move to Austin, TX for the job on his own dime could be the reason he never heard back. Especially since the position is based in San Antonio...:0

Just kidding, but unfortunately it is not at all uncommon to never to hear anything back...

h25b said:
If he told him he'd be willing to move to Austin, TX for the job on his own dime could be the reason he never heard back. Especially since the position is based in San Antonio...:0

Just kidding, but unfortunately it is not at all uncommon to never to hear anything back...

I meant San Antonio, of course. He's just a big UT fan, so all I ever hear from him is Austin this, Austin that.... my mistake.

Besides that, they're gonna get killed in the Rose Bowl.

Have heard of plenty of folks who have never been given the time of day by Valero. Maybe they are just inundated with resume's or something.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back