• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Columbia Helicopters

Hmmm....overseas anyone?

[email protected]

Columbia Helicopters, Inc. located 22 miles south of Portland, OR, has an opening for an Operations Dispatcher/Mission Planner.

This position will be responsible for performing daily aircraft mission planning and coordinating all information from pre-mission briefings for our Afghanistan operations, and organizing and maintaining all required daily paperwork for the operations center.

Responsibilities include tracking flights continuously on an automated flight following system and advising management of aircraft locations at any given moment. Candidate must also communicate in a positive, constructive manner with other employees and be able to put continuous thought toward improvements in procedures and work environment to enhance productivity and safety.
Requirements:Requirements:
  • Minimum 2 year’s experience in the aviation industry
  • Proficiency in Falcon View Software
  • Familiarity with FAA Part 135 Regulations, air crew and air traffic control procedures and systems.
  • U.S. or equivalent passport
  • High School Diploma or equivalent
  • Strong Computer Skills
  • Travel and work in remote places including overseas
  • Conduct oneself in accordance with the Company’s core values
  • Pass US government background check and have no disqualifying factors for foreign assignment
This position will be on a 28 day on and 28 day off rotation schedule.

My sources at AA are saying they are interviewing the week of Oct 10. They have 100 interviews scheduled and are hiring 15.

I'm told the first round involves a competency exam, an essay and a group interview that will last about 4 hours total combined. If chosen, the next round will have another interview in November. From that pool, they will determine "the chosen 15".
Good luck to those who are in the running.

An essay?

My sources at AA are saying they are interviewing the week of Oct 10. They have 100 interviews scheduled and are hiring 15.

I'm told the first round involves a competency exam, an essay and a group interview that will last about 4 hours total combined. If chosen, the next round will have another interview in November. From that pool, they will determine "the chosen 15".
Good luck to those who are in the running.

Latest resources

Back