Job Fairs??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Xfr8dog

Hi im posting this on a few different boards to maximize responses... (I only ever check Cargo and Majors on a regular basis)

Anyone know when a job fair might be happening? Im specifically looking for a friend who wants to be a flight attendant for Southwest.

I checked SWA's website and saw a ton of company sponsered fairs but only for Rampers. How about upcoming AIR-INC events?

thanks.

Air-Inc job fair in Los Angeles on April 24th. Check their web site to confirm the date. good luck to your friend.

Air Inc. is a rip off and Kit Darby is a nazi

If your pal wants to get a WN F/A interview have them submit an online resume via http://www.southwest.com/careers/flight_attendant.html. They will have recruiters at WIA too (below), but I don't know if the same people do both pilots & F/As.

As far as career fairs for pilots forget Air Inc. The best deal is to get into the exhibition hall at the annual WIA conference!!! (March 11-13, 2004 in Reno, NV) Not only do you get the face time you want and some do interviews on the spot. There are tons of promo freebies that the companies give away too. Each year I walk away with bags of promotionals from the airlines & manufacturers.

Unfortunately, the early registration deadline has passed, but it's waaaay better than Air Inc. In fact, they have a both at WIA. Any airline/company recruiting is usually present, even those who it's hard to get resumes in with. They also have numerous seminars for job seekers. Here is a shortened list of the companies attending:

Air Serv International
AIR, Inc.
Airbus North America
AirNet Express
AirTran Airways
Alaska Airlines
America West Airlines
American Eagle Airlines
ATA Airlines, Inc.
Atlantic Southeast Airlines
Boeing
Bombardier Aerospace
CAE SimuFlite
Caribbean Sun Airlines
Cessna Aircraft Company
Chevron Texaco Global Aviation
Cirrus Design
Comair
Continental Express
Delta Air Lines
FedEx Express Flight Ops
FlightSafety International
Horizon Air
JetBlue Airways
National Business Aviation Association
NetJets Aviation, Inc.
Northwest Airlines, Inc.
Pratt & Whitney
Raytheon Aircraft Company
Rolls-Royce North America
Southwest Airlines
TAB Express Airline
UPS
USA 3000 Airlines
Wal-Mart Aviation

...and yes, MEN are welcome too, even though it's the Women In Aviation Conference. Anyone who 'supports women in aviation is welcome to attend'.

http://www.wai.org/conference/2004_conf_index.cfm

So ...Can you go to Reno and show up on the 11th or you have to pre- register? Is there any cover charge? Thanks in advance for your help.

Scube.

Scube3 said:
So ...Can you go to Reno and show up on the 11th or you have to pre- register? Is there any cover charge? Thanks in advance for your help. Scube.

The Expo Hall days are Fri the 12th & Sat the 13th. These are the days to go. The Expo Hall is only open for a half day Thurs. Not worth the admission TH. Not enough time to meet and greet with all the recruiters or attend any interview seminars.

The advance registration was $295 for ALL 3 days, but seeing as it's only 4 days away now registration is $175 member or $225 non-members for a daily rate. (If you become a member for $39, then it's $214.)

You can call WAI or register online and save the $75 on site registration fee (cover charge). Their site is linked above. All prices and conference seminar schedules are there.

To correct AV8trxx' post, the one day fee is $250 if you are a member, $300 if you are not a member.

That's why I'm not going this year. Cheaper for me to go skiing for a day than go to the conference!

English said:
To correct AV8trxx' post, the one day fee is $250 if you are a member, $300 if you are not a member.

That's why I'm not going this year. Cheaper for me to go skiing for a day than go to the conference!

Those fees are INSANE!

I HATE FREIGHT!

Latest resources

Back