Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wrigley23

I got that goin' for me
Any suggestions on how to get from JFK to EWR in under an hour that's less than 50 bucks. I know how to do the trains but that will probably take too long. I get done at 1900 in Kennedy and I am trying to catch a 2100 flight. Thanks!

Nothing will get you there in under an hour especially at that time. Fastest way would be a car. Belt Parkway to the Staten Island Expressway to NJ Turnpike. By the way you have to cross two bridges one which has a toll of $11.00.

Not that time of day! hour and half min in a car and that will cost you at least $100.....don't know what a taxi costs, but takes just as long and they wont speak english

The best and the most economical way is to use a van service called the Olympic Transporter (usually yellow buses) and/or GO Airporter that run between the airports every hour I believe. Plan on it being about 90 minutes each way which is the norm, but depending on traffic and time of day, it can take as little as 45 minutes, but don't bet on it. You have to call them directly or from the Ground Transportation Desk and the cost I believe is around $20 or so with the employee discount (just tell them that you are a pilot, FA, etc for XYZ airline, and if they ask you if you're in uniform or not, tell them yes, because the driver doesn't check anything but ID and doesn't care if you're in uniform or not). The number is 1-800-822-9797 or 732-938-6666.

http://www.goairporter.com/

A taxi will cost you about $80 each way, plus tolls, plus a $10 surcharge and takes about the same time.

Ditto on the shared vans, they do take 90+ mins though. Charter a helicopter? will take a lot less time and probably cost less than a taxi :)

bicycle, plus bring your checkbook because it will cost you about a million dollars in tolls to cross the guinea gangplank.

Last edited:
what about that helo operation out of JFK? I thought they give crew members rides for $60?

The best and the most economical way is to use a van service called the Olympic Transporter (usually yellow buses) and/or GO Airporter that run between the airports every hour I believe. Plan on it being about 90 minutes each way which is the norm, but depending on traffic and time of day, it can take as little as 45 minutes, but don't bet on it. You have to call them directly or from the Ground Transportation Desk and the cost I believe is around $20 or so with the employee discount (just tell them that you are a pilot, FA, etc for XYZ airline, and if they ask you if you're in uniform or not, tell them yes, because the driver doesn't check anything but ID and doesn't care if you're in uniform or not). The number is 1-800-822-9797 or 732-938-6666.

http://www.goairporter.com/

A taxi will cost you about $80 each way, plus tolls, plus a $10 surcharge and takes about the same time.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Ok...you have 4 options, and they all pretty much suck. I do it a lot, so here goes nothing

1) JFK AirTrain to Jamaica. Then catch the LIRR to NY Penn. Then catch the NJT to EWR (be sure to get on a train that stops at EWR because not all of them do). Total time 1.5 hrs if your good, but usually no more than 2. Total cost is about 23 with the airtrain fees (By the way, if you buy the discount airtrain card they will NOT work at the other stations. The JFK one will only work at Howard Beach and Jamaica...The EWR one will only work Newark)

2) NY Express Bus. The bus leaves for Grand Central and Penn Station, NY every half hour. Once there, take the NJ Transit to EWR as mentioned above. Total time is about the same as above. Costs around 15 for the bus and 15 for the train

3) State Shuttle. I know where to pick them up in EWR, but not in JFK. They leave once an hour and its 25 for crewmwmbers I think. Takes about 1 hr (rush hour excluded)

4) Taxi....you will pay out the a$$, but if you need to get there, it will cost over $100. Funny thing is...if you go to manhattan, they are fixed rates. From JFK to anywhere in manhattan is $45 I think. Yo can have him drop you off at Peen and take the NJT. Total cost would be around 60...but you can probably do it in 1hr to 1:15 if things go smoothly

Hope it helps

Latest resources

Back