JFK overnight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

another cfii

What is the best way to get to/from Manhattan to JFK? I have a few overnights coming up, and want to see what are my options?

Thanks

Take the AirTrain to Jamaica station and get a ticket (before you board the Long Island Rail Road) to Penn Station. You can take the F train (subway) to Forrest Hills and change up to the E, F, V, or R train (depending on where you want to end up in the city). Just stay away from the A(nimal) train. ;)

Flying Ninja said:
Take the AirTrain to Jamaica station and get a ticket (before you board the Long Island Rail Road) to Penn Station. You can take the F train (subway) to Forrest Hills and change up to the E, F, V, or R train (depending on where you want to end up in the city). Just stay away from the A(nimal) train. ;)

Flying Ninja is correct. The air train is free, and that he described is a great way to get down town!

Take the train to Penn Station and avoid the subway at this point, it will save you about 30 minutes of travel time. Same thing on the way out, take the train from Penn Station.

737 Pylt said:
Flying Ninja is correct. The air train is free, and that he described is a great way to get down town!

Nope, if you go to Jamaica station the train is not free. It's $5, then you pay another $2 for the subway.

The cheapest way is to take the Queens bus (I believe it's Q34) to Union Turnpike station and then get a free transfer to subway (Total: $2). It takes longer, though (waiting for the bus + 30 min ride).

Best way is really to spend the money and take the AirTrain to Jamaica and pick up the LIRR into Penn Station. You're going into NYC and things are going to get expensive fast. So what's a few dollars to get to your spending binge quicker? ;) All you pilots out there are making money, no?

another cfii said:
What is the best way to get to/from Manhattan to JFK? I have a few overnights coming up, and want to see what are my options?

Thanks
You can jumpseat to BOS, and then to LGA. Then take the MTA bus to the Roosevelt subway station. That way you don't have to pay $5 for the stupid Airtrain. Just think of it as your little way of sticking it to the Man.

There's a bus that picks up outside all of the terminals that will take you directly to Manhattan. It runs about $13.

Latest resources

Back