JFK/EWR to HNL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Atlas, Polar and Kalitta pilots,

Slightly off topic. Always wondered about the accomodations up on the upper deck of the 747F. How many seats/cots do you have up there? Is it comfortable? Do you normally get some good catering on the longer flights or are you hitting the microwave oven?

Thanks for all the info guys!! Just hope I can get the time off!!!

Went out on United from Denver last week on the 777 - had 100+ open seats. AA out of DFW the last two days has had 30-40+ open seats on each flight (have 2 non-stops a day). Point being, I think you could go out on just about anyone right now and not have a problem - kids are back in school. Mahalo.

Hey Atlas, Polar and Kalitta pilots,

Slightly off topic. Always wondered about the accomodations up on the upper deck of the 747F. How many seats/cots do you have up there? Is it comfortable? Do you normally get some good catering on the longer flights or are you hitting the microwave oven?

Well I do not qualify as as a pilot for Polar, Atlas or Kalitta, but I have used Polar/Atlas for international jumpseating before (Polar aircraft and flight number - Atlas crew).

Briefly I will put it this way - I would chose them over a passenger carrier to go international any time. By far the most comfortable way to travel.

A little less briefly - The aircraft I was on had four first class seats and two private sleeping cabins. As there were the three crew members (Capt, FO, IRO) and myself, they let me have one of the cabins for the entire flight. Also, an obscene ammount of food - enough for seven or eight people for the 9.5 hour flight. Really just a great experience and the Atlas/Polar jumpseat people were great with giving me instructions for where and how to meet the crew. I came out of Hong Kong and it was very easy. Just used their website to list and and they were very quick to respond via email.

Point being, I think you could go out on just about anyone right now and not have a problem - kids are back in school. Mahalo.

I've heard this before. But for some reason, many people have the same experience. There's a weird phenomena. People seem to be able to get to Hawaii easy enough, but for some reason have a hard time getting on a plane with seats back.

Latest resources

Back