• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

JFK/EWR to HNL

ATR-DRIVR

Used Register
Total Time
18k+
Was wondering if any of the cargo guys do either EWR/HNL or JFK/HNL..
Thanks!

johnsonrod

Total Time
8000+
Hey Atlas, Polar and Kalitta pilots,

Slightly off topic. Always wondered about the accomodations up on the upper deck of the 747F. How many seats/cots do you have up there? Is it comfortable? Do you normally get some good catering on the longer flights or are you hitting the microwave oven?

Habib

Total Time
11:30
0600Z on the 3rd, JFK-LAX-HNL QF7558 Arrive 19:15Z
0300Z on the 5th, JFK-ORD-HNL QF 7586 Arrive 16:45Z

http://www.atlasair.com/aa/confirm1.html

4 First Class Seats on the the 744F and bunks. They put plenty of food on for how many people are on the airplane.

Coool Hand Luke

Total Time
Thanks for all the info guys!! Just hope I can get the time off!!!

Went out on United from Denver last week on the 777 - had 100+ open seats. AA out of DFW the last two days has had 30-40+ open seats on each flight (have 2 non-stops a day). Point being, I think you could go out on just about anyone right now and not have a problem - kids are back in school. Mahalo.

NEDude

yada yada yada
Total Time
6000+
Hey Atlas, Polar and Kalitta pilots,

Slightly off topic. Always wondered about the accomodations up on the upper deck of the 747F. How many seats/cots do you have up there? Is it comfortable? Do you normally get some good catering on the longer flights or are you hitting the microwave oven?

Well I do not qualify as as a pilot for Polar, Atlas or Kalitta, but I have used Polar/Atlas for international jumpseating before (Polar aircraft and flight number - Atlas crew).

Briefly I will put it this way - I would chose them over a passenger carrier to go international any time. By far the most comfortable way to travel.

A little less briefly - The aircraft I was on had four first class seats and two private sleeping cabins. As there were the three crew members (Capt, FO, IRO) and myself, they let me have one of the cabins for the entire flight. Also, an obscene ammount of food - enough for seven or eight people for the 9.5 hour flight. Really just a great experience and the Atlas/Polar jumpseat people were great with giving me instructions for where and how to meet the crew. I came out of Hong Kong and it was very easy. Just used their website to list and and they were very quick to respond via email.

dojetdriver

Total Time
Point being, I think you could go out on just about anyone right now and not have a problem - kids are back in school. Mahalo.

I've heard this before. But for some reason, many people have the same experience. There's a weird phenomena. People seem to be able to get to Hawaii easy enough, but for some reason have a hard time getting on a plane with seats back.

another cfii

Total Time
5000+
Well I do not qualify as as a pilot for Polar, Atlas or Kalitta, but I have used Polar/Atlas for international jumpseating before (Polar aircraft and flight number - Atlas crew).

Briefly I will put it this way - I would chose them over a passenger carrier to go international any time. By far the most comfortable way to travel.

A little less briefly - The aircraft I was on had four first class seats and two private sleeping cabins. As there were the three crew members (Capt, FO, IRO) and myself, they let me have one of the cabins for the entire flight. Also, an obscene ammount of food - enough for seven or eight people for the 9.5 hour flight. Really just a great experience and the Atlas/Polar jumpseat people were great with giving me instructions for where and how to meet the crew. I came out of Hong Kong and it was very easy. Just used their website to list and and they were very quick to respond via email.

I'd second above. Hands down the best way to go on ultra long haul, unless you can be sure you have a biz class seat in your own airline.

With Atlas/Polar listing, better to list a bit ahead of time, as I've tried couple times to JS, and they're full. Usually they bring 1 or 2 DH, and it only takes 1 JS to make a full flight. So be advised...

pdub20s

Total Time
what is QF? and where are you guys seeing these schedules?