• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

iflyhigh72

Everyone is ok.

AP PHOTO/MARK LENNIHAN, FILE
John F. Kennedy International Airport

All flights at JFK Airport have been temporarily canceled due to ice on the runways and freezing rain, according to the FAA.

The airport was closed at 8:32 a.m. due to snow and ice. The airport is expected to reopen at 11:30 a.m., the authority reported.

The Delta Connection 4100 plane was turning off the runway onto a taxiway and the CRJ2 aircraft slid into the snow, the FAA reported.

No injuries were immediately reported.

A Port Authority representative was not immediately available for comment. The Delta Connection Flight 4100 left Toronto at 6:10 a.m. and landed at JFK at 7:56 a.m.

The FAA also notes there are delays for flights arriving at La Guardia Airport.

For flight information check with your airline.

The National Weather Service issued a freezing rain advisory in New York City at 8:03 a.m. through 1 p.m. Sunday.

Temperatures are expected to be in the upper 20s as a light drizzle could descend onto the region. The weather will change to rain in the early afternoon, the service reports.

First couple storms of the year, like clockwork this happens.

Never understood why these pilots take this kind of chance.

Its the paint, as soon as you paint Delta on the side, its lock the hubs and lets go wheeling!

You are an effin a$$clown PBR

You are an effin a$$clown PBR
Your goat is so easy to get....'nuther 14.9 seconds of your life wasted, not to mention the aggravation!
Thanks I will be here all night!

I'm completely surprised that no one went sliding off a runway or taxiway at PHL in the past few days. Worst airport plow job I've seen in 17 years as a professional pilot.

It's as if the city of Philadelphia left the plow blade 2 inches above the surface then packed it down with an asphalt roller. To top it off I think they polished the ice in the 27R touchdown zone with a zamboni.

Last edited:
Not just out east
Denver was bad a day ago too- heard ground rip into company for missing p7 off 35R- they said they tried, the airplane wasn't going to turn on nil braking

Be careful all

This is seriously a glass house thing-

I'm just pissed I can't tell bill and Scoot to get taxi lessons from their regionals anymore

Latest resources

Back