Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

USNFDX

Purple Member
I'm looking for crew hotels both close to jfk for short layovers and downtown NYC for long layovers.

At Fedex the Crowne Plaza NYC chose not renew our contract and it seems the airport hotels are to noisy. We are now stuck in the Adria in Queens which absolutely $ucks!!!!

At AWA, for long layovers, we use the Milford which is only about a block away from time square. I can't remember for sure which chain we use for the short layovers, but I think its Ramada in Jamaica Queens. Decent hotel but horrible location.

At Gemini we used the 5 Towns for JFK, aka The Pound Cake Palace.

Always a couple of Italian teenagers behind the front desk. I think they reported to Tony or Paulie Walnuts.

It was crap but it was quiet, and they absolutely didn't wake you up if you had your sign hanging. The van service was quite excellent, actually. And I once lived off the pound cake and the Costco free samples for three days....

USNFDX said:
I'm looking for crew hotels both close to jfk for short layovers and downtown NYC for long layovers.

At Fedex the Crowne Plaza NYC chose not renew our contract and it seems the airport hotels are to noisy. We are now stuck in the Adria in Queens which absolutely $ucks!!!!

The Adria is actually not that bad, much better than any JFK airport hotel. It is quiet, includeds free wireless, and breakfast. If you like to run you can make a left out of the hotel, go two blocks across the Cross Island Parkway and on your left you can pick up a jogging/bike path that takes you along Little Neck Bay as far as Ft. Totten's main gate, about 50 minutes round trip. There is good Korean restaurant a short distance if you turn right out of the hotel. If you cross Northern Blvd and turn left there is a Diner and a Japanese restaurant just a short distance after you cross the Cross Island. There is also a driving range located on the other side of Northern Blvd from the Diner. If you walk up to Douglaston Parkway the next main intersection there is a good Thai and an Italian restaurant.

You'll have a hard time finding any other good hotels close to JFK. The only good hotel out east that I can think of is the Garden City Hotel in Garden City, Nassau County. I much doubt that they would be interested in flight crew business, but it is the place that Lindberg stayed before his one leg to Paris.:)

FoxHunter said:
The Adria is actually not that bad, much better than any JFK airport hotel. It is quiet, includeds free wireless, and breakfast. If you like to run you can make a left out of the hotel, go two blocks across the Cross Island Parkway and on your left you can pick up a jogging/bike path that takes you along Little Neck Bay as far as Ft. Totten's main gate, about 50 minutes round trip. There is good Korean restaurant a short distance if you turn right out of the hotel. If you cross Northern Blvd and turn left there is a Diner and a Japanese restaurant just a short distance after you cross the Cross Island. There is also a driving range located on the other side of Northern Blvd from the Diner. If you walk up to Douglaston Parkway the next main intersection there is a good Thai and an Italian restaurant.

You'll have a hard time finding any other good hotels close to JFK. The only good hotel out east that I can think of is the Garden City Hotel in Garden City, Nassau County. I much doubt that they would be interested in flight crew business, but it is the place that Lindberg stayed before his one leg to Paris.:)

As usual FH going the against the collective unionity. You are the ONLY person that I know that likes the Adria! Of course you have already proven your an idiot, therefore what you say means nothing!....blah blah blah. You FreeLoader!

USNFDX said:
As usual FH going the against the collective unionity. You are the ONLY person that I know that likes the Adria! Of course you have already proven your an idiot, therefore what you say means nothing!....blah blah blah. You FreeLoader!

Unity? Against the Adria!:) Give me a break? Hey little boy, grow up, please! I know, not a chance of that.:( You really dont have clue*****!!!:)

Last edited by a moderator:
FoxHunter said:
Unity? Against the Adria!:) Give me a break? Hey little boy, grow up, please! I know, not a chance of that.:( You really dont have a f---k'n clue, Dumbsh-t!!!:)

I bet you guys have a good time flying together!!

jp1030 said:
I bet you guys have a good time flying together!!

Heck, I've enjoyed flying with everyone I've flown with at FedEx, with a couple of exceptions. USNFX would not be one of those.:)

Latest resources

Back