• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetPride

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does this advertisment campaign by Jetblue violate anti-discrimination laws? To me this seems to be a form of reverse discrimination.
gays are not a protected group, yet

To try and change it for the majority when a small minority feel something is wrong is unAmerican.

Your knowledge of civics and how our government is structured is sorely lacking. The minority is protected from the tyranny of the majority through the Bill of Rights....ever heard of it?

As far as unpatriotic you are full of crap. One small and recent example comes to mind about students in California. Let me ask you this. If anyone displays another country's flag on the 4'th of July will they receive the same treatment as those 5 students? If those students can't where an American flag shirt on a Mexican holiday something is wrong. And yes, I disagree with coming to this country illegally then trying to make the USA more like where you are fleeing from.

This is not only irrelevant, it a stupid example of some point that you think you're trying to make.

Last edited:
What is "privileged"? This is one of those words that people try to throw around as defining the end point of an argument. But what does it really mean, and how does being part of a "privileged" class somehow mean that you're automatically bigoted and you don't get to have your say anymore?

Look it up in the dictionary......okay, I'll do it for you.
Click right here ---> privileged

I didn't say anything about any group not having their say. Organizations such as NOW, NAACP, gay/lesbian groups etc. exist because of societal and institutional bigotry and prejudice directed to these demographics. I only said that there is no need for an advocacy organization for white heterosexual males as this group is largely unaffected by negative prejudice.

I think white males are now a minority as a percentage of the population, how long before we see affirmative action for them?

I think white males are now a minority as a percentage of the population, how long before we see affirmative action for them?

White males are only in the minority when you compare WM's to all other non-white groups are combined.

There is much more to eligibility for affirmative action than simply being in a group that is in a minority. For example, I would be willing to bet that the ratio of employment for white males still far exceed any other group. I would think that this number is more important.

(btw; I oppose affirmative action in safety sensitive functions. As for other areas of employment, I'm not sure yet.)

Last edited:
Waka- you're completely off base. Don't you know that the reason pilots on this board didn't get hired- or were delayed in getting hired- is bc only 90% of new hire major airline pilots are white males?

Latest resources

Back