• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetDirect

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The whole concept of the pilot seeing to the pax needs also comes back to compensation. If I am making typical "135" pay, I really don't feel I should owe the pax any more than basic amenities like a clean stocked airplane and I will load the bags etc. In that situation, I won't really respect my employer or care about the success of the company since I will be always looking for another job. If I am making industry leading pay, schedule and bene's (see NetJets), it gets a lot easier to care about passenger comfort, since they are the key to my company continuing to pay my good wages. Suddenly, my company is the gold standard of the industry and every multi-million+ net worth individual wants to brag at the country club that they are a (insert your company here) card member. Currently, guess who the prestige private aircraft provider is? (NetJets)

Thats pretty gutsy talk considering you wouldn't have a job if the pax were not there. No matter how you are paid they still deserve the same level of service. You pay is between you and your employer, not you and a passenger who rents your airplane.

That kind of misses my point. In such a situation, the passenger is getting everything they pay for. If they aren't getting the level of service they desire, they will probably find their way to a provider who pays their pilots exceptionally. Those are the pilots who will give exceptional service. I mean, how can a company begin paying the highest salaries and benefits in the industry AND turn its first profit in years all at the same time? Hmmmm?

Last edited:
I just got hired. I'm really not sure how its going to go. There are great hopes that the pay is going to come up quite a bit. Also, the new benefits package has alot of choices and seems pretty good. 401K matching up to 6% and you are vested 100% from day one. Here's to hoping this place turns out to be a pretty good place to hang my hat for a while.

I just got hired. I'm really not sure how its going to go. There are great hopes that the pay is going to come up quite a bit. Also, the new benefits package has alot of choices and seems pretty good. 401K matching up to 6% and you are vested 100% from day one. Here's to hoping this place turns out to be a pretty good place to hang my hat for a while.

What types of aircraft is Sentient hiring into these days? Are they primarily hiring FOs or do they hire both SICs and PICs? Which bases are being offered?

What types of aircraft is Sentient hiring into these days? Are they primarily hiring FOs or do they hire both SICs and PICs? Which bases are being offered?
They are hiring for all kinds of aircraft both PIC and FO at alot of different bases. If you've got a Climbto350 account you can find them all there.

Think about this - Sentient grew VERY quickly by purchasing other companies....they still are trying to figure out what they are doing. Are they hiring? Yes. Is there a reason people are bailing out so they need to hire? Yes. Think twice guys.

Yea, thats all true but also the reason why some of these folks left was for personal reasons and there's always going to be attrition no matter where you go. Plus Sentient, AKA JetDirect...et al is doing some expanding, getting other aircraft as some are leaving for whatever reason....there's still hope....and theres still risks...BUT....it's always rough on the ground floor....

Some expanding? LOL, that's like saying there's some sand in the desert. I wish Sentient and all who work there the best. They are undertaking a huge task in a challenging economy. It will be interesting to see how well they do with it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back