• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetDirect

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You know I never do understand ********************ty attitudes like this.

It's like you think there are only two choices in dealing with a job that abuses you, Quit or accept it. Well that's lame. How about stand up and fight for better compensation or treatment. How about complain to make things better. It's a supply and demand issue. These kind of employers don't give a ******************** about you, only about how you can make them money. And for some reason if that is not OK, then your suppose to just quit. Bullcrap.

If you are a professional that do your job like your suppose to, then you should be compensated like a professional. And if your not, then you should complain, bitch, and work with your fellow employees to make things better.

This attitude of well if you don't like it leave, is pathetic, and it just supports the company's attitude of "having this job is a privilege".

i work for them.. I'm totally with you..
there are way to many negatives at this company for me to recommend this place. hopefully this stuff works out and it doesn't become another shady charter company.. time will tell

Yea, I thought about leaving but like someone else said, I'm not a quitter. I put too much into getting here with the hopes it will turn into someplace worth staying at. I do have the right to complain and I will until it either changes or I get fired. The management we have now are scrambling to keep their jobs and I believe once the smoke clears things should be fine and it will be a good place to work. That may take some time but hopefully not too much longer. I am still on the lookout for a better job, but who isn't? Until then I will do the best I can to weather the storm and make it work.

As for the ads they have on 350, it is my understanding thats been there for awhile and we were just told in a meeting that they are not looking to hire and that there are too many SIC's and there was a possibility of a layoff but they are so short of PIC's and the current management was told to do some internal upgrades. Problem being when the last CP left, he took the check airman authority with him so there was no one who could do 299's. But as of two weeks ago, they hired some one who was a check airman for another company and all they had to do was transfer his authority here. Of course there is no on qualified to do 297's so they are sending us to Simcom in Dallas....oh well.

"What's done is done...."

There is no question that the industry is going through some interesting and challenging times. To put all these companies under one umbrella and make it work is a moumental job.
What gets me with all the bitching is that the industry has opened up in a way that presents many opportunities. A few years ago, people were asking me for any leads for any kind of flying job at all. Now that the market has changed for a bit, those same people act like they are owed something. If it had not been for the growth of the charter and fractional companies, a significant number of the professional pilots would be unemployed. If anything the fracs and charter companies work in a manner more predictable than xyz corp.
I asked a corporate pilot what he was doing yesterday and his answer was, "waiting for orders". He said he has been waiting the 24 years of his pilot career.

Any new info on life with Jet Direct. I was hired by a Jet Direct company out of VNY (Spirit) and am debating on weather to take the position or not. Any info would be appreciated.

Nobody knows anything other than what Sentient wants them to know. And that ain't much!

But they did announce the acquisition of The Air Group last week.

The Borg collective of charter!

You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Nobody knows anything other than what Sentient wants them to know. And that ain't much!

But they did announce the acquisition of The Air Group last week.

The Borg collective of charter!

You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

But when you are doing a trip for Sentient they will ask you 10,000 questions, send 30 faxes, make multiple phone calls to your ops, the FBO's, you, your copilot, the family dog etc.

But when you are doing a trip for Sentient they will ask you 10,000 questions, send 30 faxes, make multiple phone calls to your ops, the FBO's, you, your copilot, the family dog etc.

he's not kidding, I don't answer the phone when they call any more;)

he's not kidding, I don't answer the phone when they call any more;)

Let me see if I understand this ... a company that wants to maximize customer service by understanding everything from the customers' reactions during the flight to the customers' comments after the flight is a problem for you.

Why are you in this line of work if you are not interested in customer service?

Bob

Let me see if I understand this ... a company that wants to maximize customer service by understanding everything from the customers' reactions during the flight to the customers' comments after the flight is a problem for you.

Why are you in this line of work if you are not interested in customer service?

Bob

that makes me laugh... you obviously don't understand...

good luck with that Bill

Hi!

U can't do ANY customer service if whoever is constantly calling you on the phone-U have to ignore the customer to talk on the phone.

cliff
YIP

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back