• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetDirect/SFG...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For those interested....... http://www.ainonline.com/news/singl...irect-puts-second-subsidiary-into-bankruptcy/

JetDirect Aviation has now placed two of its subsidiary companies into bankruptcy. The first was Regal Aviation of Dallas, placed into Chapter 11 bankruptcy on February 25.

On Friday, JetDirect placed Novato, Calif. charter operator Sunset Aviation, Inc. into Chapter 7 liquidation.

JetDirect Aviation had furloughed all Sunset Aviation, Inc. employees on March 2, then in a March 6 letter to those employees, JetDirect chairman Gregory Campbell explained, “As a result of this filing any wages or expense obligations owed to you will now be treated as an unsecured creditor obligation of the bankruptcy estate.

In the words of a close friend of mine ... "this is not about Steve Hankin but about the scumbags at the holding company and Greg Campbell."

Best wishes to the employees of both JetDirect (SFG) and Sunset Aviation, Inc. They are only pawns in this.

Bob

JetDirect KVNY

I'm thinking the 10 managed accounts being suspended at one airport is ... yes ... Van Nuys ...

TransMach

The deal has been signed in principal and will be concluded by end of March. Money has been transfered and pay checks were mailed out today and expense checks next week.
Sunset Aviation Inc was sold back to the original owners and not part of Jet Direct at the time of chapter 7. They expect to have a new certificate in a week.

with the new certificate are they going to call back the employees that got screwed. or better are the employees going to go back. unfortunatley there will be gluttonous stack of resumes at the desk.

The deal has been signed in principal and will be concluded by end of March. Money has been transfered and pay checks were mailed out today and expense checks next week.
Sunset Aviation Inc was sold back to the original owners and not part of Jet Direct at the time of chapter 7. They expect to have a new certificate in a week.

You're kidding, right??? Let us clarify...

Money may have been transferred for the companies that were not bankrupted, the rest are still left holding the bill to the tune of many thousands of dollars per pilot...unpaid salaries, company expenses, lost vacation time, not to mention the bounced checks and fees.

If the deal was signed, but not closed, how could sunset NOT be a part of JD when the chapter 7 was filed? As a matter of fact, is it not Pinkas name on the filing? Last I checked he works for JD, not Sunset...

...just casual observations :rolleyes:

They bankrupted two subsidiaries, not everything. The Sunset deal wasn't completed and the proposed buyer started a new company to try and get the clients from the bankrupt Sunset.

I know a few guys who received bad checks from these clowns. They all took them straight to the local Prosecuting Attorney's office. I'm curious to see how that plays out.

wait for it...

Latest resources

Back