Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kingairyahoo

my old job...
...a whole lot goin on over there and not a blip on the FI.com radar screen???

Fill us in on what you know.

The new owners are tied to Flight Options in some way.

Anyone????

Vendors and clients haven't been paid.

FBO in Dallas went bust last week.

Client defections to EJM and others.

Former CEO quit and now works for a small outfit in CA per AIN last week.

Employees carry expense report receivables.

Same situation as most mgmt/charter outfits today.

A mess!

Cool. I was wondering when they would fold.

Cool. I was wondering when they would fold.
Stupid Pilot, you live up to your name, you obviously have some issues with Jet Direct/SFG. To wish will ill on all of those that work for Jet Direct/SFG is childish. Why don't you go back to being a CFI that you so proudly display. BTW I probably have more time sleeping in airplanes than you have total time. Dry up and blow away.

Lighten up Francis, it was a joke. Stop taking yourself so seriously.

stupidpilot

There are a lot of pilots from that company out-of-work and out-of-luck at the moment.

It was a dumb comment. Just let it go and don't make it worse.

Ya, and I'm one of them.

Stupid Pilot, I am sorry to hear that you were layed off, I really am, I lost my airline job last year and almost lost our house. My take home pay now is less than what I paid in taxes at my last job. We are all holding on, hoping that Jet Direct recovers, yes they owe me thousands of dollars in trip expenses (maybe my name should be stupid pilot) Were you STL based?

BayBum37ft

OUCH! Sorry to hear that. I hope they do too but I think Hankin killed it. Even after the split JetDirect was supposed to be the preferred operator and I saw many times where someone else was used first. There was also a ridiculous waste of money that was rampant throughout the company. After being laid off twice this past year I'm not counting on the aviation industry any more. I love to fly and would love to make it my only career. Unfortunately, except for the lucky few @ FDX, UPS and SWA I don't see it as a viable option. I am doing several other things and will no longer have all my eggs in one or even two or three baskets again!

Latest resources

Back