Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

$$$4nothin

For all of those looking to get hired by JB

The current system bid that just came out has 53 Captain upgrades. 39 Bus, 14 Embraers

The big number however is the 186 open FO slots. All of which will be new hires. 94 Bus, 92 Embraers. All bases, however most slots in smaller bases will go to current pilots I am guessing. I would expect most new hires to go to JFK, and BOS. This will make JB's seniority list 2,727 pilots by June 1 and about 2,900 by the end of 2014.

Also a lot of big rumors flying of a D.C. base if we get 20-30 of the slots from the AA-USair divestiture.

And 330s!

And "industry leading scope protection."

And great benefits!

And profit sharing!

And premium pay!

And great schedules!

And parity with Southwest!

And a worry free "direct relationship!"

And clear, unambiguous contract language.

And prosperity!

And caring!

And integrity!

And most of all: trust.

NOT!

I repeat.

NOT!

The current system bid that just came out has 53 Captain upgrades. 39 Bus, 14 Embraers

The big number however is the 186 open FO slots. All of which will be new hires. 94 Bus, 92 Embraers. All bases, however most slots in smaller bases will go to current pilots I am guessing. I would expect most new hires to go to JFK, and BOS. This will make JB's seniority list 2,727 pilots by June 1 and about 2,900 by the end of 2014.

Also a lot of big rumors flying of a D.C. base if we get 20-30 of the slots from the AA-USair divestiture.

how senior is FLL? how long would it take to get to FLL once online?

I am skeptical that we will have 2900 by end of 2014. Hope you are right, but I have generally found JB to hire 50%~70% of what they promise....

I am skeptical that we will have 2900 by end of 2014. Hope you are right, but I have generally found JB to hire 50%~70% of what they promise....

My guess is 2750-2800 by the end of 2014. Going to be some attrition this year for sure.

My guess is 2750-2800 by the end of 2014. Going to be some attrition this year for sure.

That's probably accurate. Look for the actual pilot count to go up ~200 a year indefinitely and the hired amount to be about 350 a year.

2014-2800
2015-3000
2016-3200 etc etc. Some years a little more, some less.

And 330s!

And "industry leading scope protection."

And great benefits!

And profit sharing!

And premium pay!

And great schedules!

And parity with Southwest!

And a worry free "direct relationship!"

And clear, unambiguous contract language.

And prosperity!

And caring!

And integrity!

And most of all: trust.

NOT!

I repeat.

NOT!

Line pilot. Everybody gets it. Anyone reading this thread gets it. Anyone that doesn't get it won't be able to vote in January anyway so why don't we save that energy for more productive actions. There will be a union vote in January. A union will be voted in this go around. That will fix all but the last three of the issues you mentioned above.
I do agree with most of the other posters numbers though. I am willing to bet JB loses about 100 to attrition next year making the JB pilot group 2800ish strong by the end of 2014. I know saying good positive things is against the rules on message boards but here it goes anyway.
I think this little experiment known as JB "might" actually work out. By the end of 2015 JB will be 3000 pilots strong, A good chance of being close to ratifying an industry leading contract, and a good customer base in the NE/Caribbean. As much as some people have a burn it down attitude I think a lot of people want to see this work out. Especially if an industry leading CBA protects us all.

Line pilot. Everybody gets it. Anyone reading this thread gets it. Anyone that doesn't get it won't be able to vote in January anyway so why don't we save that energy for more productive actions. There will be a union vote in January. A union will be voted in this go around. That will fix all but the last three of the issues you mentioned above.
I do agree with most of the other posters numbers though. I am willing to bet JB loses about 100 to attrition next year making the JB pilot group 2800ish strong by the end of 2014. I know saying good positive things is against the rules on message boards but here it goes anyway.
I think this little experiment known as JB "might" actually work out. By the end of 2015 JB will be 3000 pilots strong, A good chance of being close to ratifying an industry leading contract, and a good customer base in the NE/Caribbean. As much as some people have a burn it down attitude I think a lot of people want to see this work out. Especially if an industry leading CBA protects us all.

Man well said, well said.

Latest resources

Back