Jetblue's new PEA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
-Working on the vote.

-god only knows why one wouldn't send in a card at this point.

-totals are being kept under wraps for stratiegic purposes.

-see above.

Non-competes are prevalent across industries. You are free to leave, however, if you sign a non-compete restricting you from working at a particular competitor and you quit and go to work there, you are in violation of the legal agreement and can be sued up the wazoo.

How is this any different than a training contract? I know several guys who walked away under their 2 year training contract, they got threats from the company but in the end nothing happened. What lawyer wants to take a case of a 1.5 year FO at JetBlue walking away to AA or UAL.

Do you know for a fact nothing happened? I know of one that has a lien that appears on their credit rating. And that is out of a pool of one that I asked.

I signed a 2 year training contract in 1999. Left the company 9 months later; no legal action was taken against me. And no threats from the company.

JetBlue may pursue pilots with legal action but I don't see how they can make this change retroactive.

Not that I disagree with any of the above opinions. I have to ask. Why hasn't there been another union vote? How with all the bad I see on these boards could you not want to at least send in a card for a vote? How many cards are currently in? Is it even close to being enough to start the process?

JetBlue Crew Room........

gullibility2520test.gif

Latest resources

Back