• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jetblue?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
will jb hire without a 4 yr degree....and when updating your resume online is there any indication that you actually did update it like the old app that had?

Four yr degree helps but it's not a show stopper. Apply and update. Best of luck and Happy Holidays!

The phone calls for the January 11th and 12th interviews are still coming. I just got one tonight! I'm a very happy camper!

jetblue320 said:
Rough figures: 22 aircraft X 6.5 crews per aircraft = 286 Pilots to hire in 2005. Probably more like 320 when you account for Check Airmen, Reserves, Overflow, etc...............

Good Luck ad Happy Holidays.
Hey JB320,

6.5 crews per aircraft. Isn't that alittle low? I thought it was more like 8.5 to 10.

O BTW add one more pilot app to the whatever thousands already on file, I filled one out last night.

Last edited:
Just doing the rough math with the number of pilots we have on the property now (or in training), divided by our current a/c count - I come up with just a hair over 6.5 crews per aircraft.

I figured 937 pilots divided by 68 a/c = 13.77 pilots, or roughly 6.8 crews per a/c.
Man, I wish it was 8.5 -10 crews per a/c...I'd be upgrading right about now! :)

LearLove said:
Hey JB320,

6.5 crews per aircraft. Isn't that alittle low? I thought it was more like 8.5 to 10.

O BTW add one more pilot app to the whatever thousands already on file, I filled one out last night.
Nope, I think we have 67 or 68 planes and approx. 950-965 pilots, so that's about 6 and a half (rough numbers) crews per plane. Maybe 7 per?? It changes monthly, but very little. Our staffing of crews is VERY important because it directly effects CASM, thus the bottom line. And it keeps our individual productivity high as well, that is, if you want it to. You are welcome to fly a minimum schedule if you wish, but most of us don't.

Good luck on your application and Merry Christmas.

Last edited:
Training Dates

Longtime observer/reader, first time writer.....
Does anyone know the dates of the Jan/Feb JetBlue newhire classes? How about the hiring board meeting date?

jetblue320 said:
Nope, I think we have 67 or 68 planes and approx. 950-965 cabin cleaners/pilots
Any truth to a rumor I just heard re: you guys beeing required to empty garbage bins from the toilets?

jetblue320 said:
Nope, I think we have 67 or 68 planes and approx. 950-965 pilots, so that's about 6 and a half (rough numbers) crews per plane. Maybe 7 per?? It changes monthly, but very little. Our staffing of crews is VERY important because it directly effects CASM, thus the bottom line. And it keeps our individual productivity high as well, that is, if you want it to. You are welcome to fly a minimum schedule if you wish, but most of us don't.

Good luck on your application and Merry Christmas.

The numbers are 952 pilots on the seniority list, with roughly 20-30 on LOA (mil or illness) and another 15-20 or so who are instructors or management that don't fly a full schedule. That means in round numbers 900 flying full schedules and currently 68 planes (69 shortly). So that is indeed 6.5 captains and f/os per plane. The numbers are actually a bit fewer captains than f/os, but for round numbers 13 pilots per plane total is a good number.

As for the next interview session: it is January 11 and 12. This year there are back to back interview sessions, rather than the one day as before. This allows for more interview slots as hiring spools up, and also makes it easier for Dave Barger and others to attend all interview sessions as they like to do.

Skirt

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back