jetblue?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Freddie Spencer said:
Any truth to a rumor I just heard re: you guys beeing required to empty garbage bins from the toilets?
Yo, Freddie, Let it go. You can re-apply in 6 months.

I'm sure that number will fluctuate as JB starts canning guys as they come up on the end of the 5 year contract... ;)

(Hey, if you can joke about the trash thing, you can joke about the contract thing! :D )TC

I love you man!

Freddie Spencer said:
Any truth to a rumor I just heard re: you guys beeing required to empty garbage bins from the toilets?
Freddie,

I bet your real name is Dick! By the way, bite me!

Have a great weekend Dick.

Spooky 1 said:
Maybe they are scared to death that UAL will become the proverbial 2 ton LCC and take over the world
Uh, yea, that must be it. :rolleyes:

Spooky 1 said:
Maybe they are scared to death that UAL will become the proverbial 2 ton LCC and take over the world
Yea, right. Did you happen to see their new proposed pay scales? Of course, that's all our fault too.

Merry Christmas.

Freddie Spencer said:
It's not a rumor...pure truth. Why do you think we wear gloves? Too bad the O2 mask hose in the cockpit won't reach but, alas, there is a walk-around bottle in the lavs at our disposal........ (pun intended)

Hope you get a life for Christmas..............

C yaaaa

AA717driver said:
I'm sure that number will fluctuate as JB starts canning guys as they come up on the end of the 5 year contract... ;)

(Hey, if you can joke about the trash thing, you can joke about the contract thing! :D )TC
The whole thing is going to fall apart anyway when they start paying for airplanes!

jetblue320 said:
Nope, I think we have 67 or 68 planes and approx. 950-965 pilots, so that's about 6 and a half (rough numbers) crews per plane. Maybe 7 per?? It changes monthly, but very little. Our staffing of crews is VERY important because it directly effects CASM, thus the bottom line. And it keeps our individual productivity high as well, that is, if you want it to. You are welcome to fly a minimum schedule if you wish, but most of us don't.

Good luck on your application and Merry Christmas.
O my mistake, I see your saying "crews per aircraft" I was thinking "pilots per aircraft". That works at about 13 pilots per Airbus type aircraft. At one point this past summer Allegheny was down to 7.9 pilots per aircraft and was cx'ing flights all over and parking planes due to lack of crews when MDA started training CEL guys.

Right now at MidAtlantic we have 334 pilot and 22 aircraft. We are really fat on pilots as they trained for the regular E-170 delivery sked then they stoped. I looks like 6 170's will be here rather quick ( I hear one was flown up on Fri 12/17/04) so at 28 planes and 330 pilots(they plan on loosing 4 pilot per month) minus the training guys and LOAs that makes 10 to 11 pilots per E-170. I would assume thats how you guys will staff the E-190's.

marry X-mas

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back