• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hours not capped. The bid divisors were down in Jan, which is normal every year I've been here. My bid award for FEB is 87 hours at 17 days off. Bid divisor for BOS E190 Capt is 85.

Alot of stuff guys post is true, but some of it is b.s. just like "facts" from our Flt Ops Leadership. Grain of salt works both ways.

CD

JFK 320 FO. Bid devisors in mid 70's JAN-MARCH. That stinks. I know it's not popular to say it, but I'm RELIEVED JetBlue decided to stop hiring for awhile. I hope to see a little better credit in my line.

JFK 320 FO. Bid devisors in mid 70's JAN-MARCH. That stinks. I know it's not popular to say it, but I'm RELIEVED JetBlue decided to stop hiring for awhile. I hope to see a little better credit in my line.

Totally agree. We obviously over-hired for 2011......probably anticipating a huge couple of storms over the holidays. But, my point is this isn't some conspiracy by the company to keep bid-divisors low. Pilots here complain that the company doesn't want to pay premium, but the same pilots also say how much the company saves by hiring less and paying premium........I believe the latter as well, and refuse to believe this company would sacrifice a higher CASM just to keep the pilot group unhappy. Makes no sense.

I hope the bid divisors get higher for you bro, I think they will.

CD

Our pilots kept complaining because the bid divisors were TOO high. You couldn't t PTO they said. Now look at the things. Look...if you can't FLiCA you gotta sicka. Mid 70 bid divisors do not help pay the mortgage.

Hey CD for the record one of the senior mamas on the sked committee told met JetBlue was intentionally trying to keep the bid divisors low to avoid all the extra premium time. One of our class mates was on the committee as well so you could verify with him. Not sure what he will admit to.

Hey CD for the record one of the senior mamas on the sked committee told met JetBlue was intentionally trying to keep the bid divisors low to avoid all the extra premium time. One of our class mates was on the committee as well so you could verify with him. Not sure what he will admit to.

Look at the bid divisors for other bases and seats......85, 87....why would punish some and not all. They over hired especially in the 320.

CD

That "let's hire a ton to keep bid divisors low" is the biggest bunch of conspiracy bull. It is cheaper for the company to have a target of 85 with a max of 88-90 than it is to have all these "extra" guys flying 70 per month........
There are way too many Black Helicopters that fly around here at jetBlue......
I'm assuming the guy that can't pay his bills is on year one pay, because if he isn't, he bought too big of a damn house......

That "let's hire a ton to keep bid divisors low" is the biggest bunch of conspiracy bull. It is cheaper for the company to have a target of 85 with a max of 88-90 than it is to have all these "extra" guys flying 70 per month........
There are way too many Black Helicopters that fly around here at jetBlue......
I'm assuming the guy that can't pay his bills is on year one pay, because if he isn't, he bought too big of a damn house......

He is a senior bus captain. And yes, he clearly bought too big of a damn house....

I agree about the black helicopters. It is kind of funny to watch. Kind of.

True statement. It's also true that it's cheaper to keep line holders' lines reduced 5-10 a piece with artificially low bid divisors, put the remainder on "reserves", and keep reserve coverage at the minimum or the red. It's also better for the company to reduce average daily productivity to the minimum allowed, which turns everyone flying a pairing into ready made "reserves" since the reserves are already taken. This is "necessary" because when there's a system disruption, the company literally has no idea where crews are unless they're actively flying at the time. They still haven't gotten the hang of keeping track of reserves, so they schedule them to fly leftover open time and use low productivity line holders to fill in gaps. All this reduces quality of life for line holders by keeping line values down and making it very difficult to trade for something better.

There's the problem, not over-hiring: misuse of reserves, driven almost entirely by the artificial lowering of line values and pairing productivity.

Latest resources

Back