• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A lot of reserves were not being used much at all, thus the reason for around 30 pilots dequalling for not getting 100hrs in 120 days, myself included. I am off reserve already for Feb and will fly more this month than I have in the last 4, so I am happy.

I just sent in an email to the chiefs suggesting, "Hey, why don't we buy some trips to get our 100 hours?" The answer was, "yada yada let us know if you're getting close to dequaling." I've flown 11 hours in two weeks. I'm bored out of my skull. 0600 shows on day one both weeks. Not getting released on day 4 with NOTHING in open time. Gotta love it.

For the crash padders, that has to $uck......commuting in to sit in a pad with other dudes.....I feel for all of you who have to do that.....I have a totally different job and I thank my lucky stars that my trusty Civic waits patiently for me in the parking lot....hiring should be picking back up to the prior pace second half of the year......poolies, expect to tread until June.

Call the CP office and tell them you need to get your 100 hours.
If they don't get you a flight, call the next day and do the same thing over and over again.

I just sent in an email to the chiefs suggesting, "Hey, why don't we buy some trips to get our 100 hours?" The answer was, "yada yada let us know if you're getting close to dequaling." I've flown 11 hours in two weeks. I'm bored out of my skull. 0600 shows on day one both weeks. Not getting released on day 4 with NOTHING in open time. Gotta love it.

They make the rules and we get to follow them.

Call the CP office and tell them you need to get your 100 hours.
If they don't get you a flight, call the next day and do the same thing over and over again.

I was enjoying my month of Long Call Reserve too much to realize that i was 8 hours short of 100, let alone that it was 120 days already. :D

I havent even been to JFK in over a month. Tons of LCR and REL. I'll probably have to go this week.

Wish like hell I hadn't bid BOS.

Hope I get off reserve this summer when the sked increases. Don't know, though. Not really counting on it.

I havent even been to JFK in over a month. Tons of LCR and REL. I'll probably have to go this week.

Wish like hell I hadn't bid BOS.

Hope I get off reserve this summer when the sked increases. Don't know, though. Not really counting on it.

Not sure how close you are to the bottom, but there are lots of senior dudes coming into BOS over the next few months from the last system bid. If I didnt live here in BOS I wouldnt have bid for it considering the way reserve in JFK was going. 4/11 DOH and hoping to hold a line by late summer if I'm lucky. See ya on the DRO soon!

Not sure how close you are to the bottom, but there are lots of senior dudes coming into BOS over the next few months from the last system bid. If I didnt live here in BOS I wouldnt have bid for it considering the way reserve in JFK was going. 4/11 DOH and hoping to hold a line by late summer if I'm lucky. See ya on the DRO soon!

Got about 40 junior to me in JFK. will be back there by June at the latest, hoping for a summer line. Depends on how many more come in before the music stops. Worst case is fairly senior reserve.

Senior Reserve is pretty darn good, Unless you want to fly 400 hrs a month. I've only flown 30 hrs this year.

Won't be like that this summer. But staffing should still at least be ok, so it shouldnt be horrible. But it won't be as nice as now.

Latest resources

Back