• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue will slow growth even more

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My airline pays more, my airline is growing faster, my airline will have a sooner upgrade, my girlfriend is prettier than your girlfrined, my dad can beat up your dad. My god! Who the frick cares!

At least this piece of shee(i)t industry we try to earn livings at, is turning around. Let's all be happy for that.

A-MEN! We should all focus our efforts in improving our QOL, pay, and benefits throughout the industry, not pecker size contests. The only smart move to make as an airline pilot is to quit/retire. No airline job has stability, so why argue over where is better to work? Let's keep the rhetoric to something more substantial like REAL rivalries...like "Yankees Suck", and "Auburn University, so easy a caveman can do it".

Yeah, can't wait to make $84/hour to be a 3 year E190 capt! :laugh: That's soooooo attractive. GMAFB!

Oh yeah, and be based in the biggest dump in this country. Where do I sign up?

P.S. I have nothing against JetBlue but I don't think they are paying you guys enough. The pay is a joke.

How long has your airline been in business? What did they pay in year 7? (adjusted for inflation, of course)

Not to say we don't press for more. IMO, there should be no Captain seat in the industry less than $100/hour, period, and no ticket should EVER be cheaper than Amtrak or Greyhound.

How long has your airline been in business? What did they pay in year 7? (adjusted for inflation, of course)

Not to say we don't press for more. IMO, there should be no Captain seat in the industry less than $100/hour, period, and no ticket should EVER be cheaper than Amtrak or Greyhound.

She flies a 757/767 for UPS. I know a few JB guys who have moved over to UPS too. I guess working nights is preferrable to earning low wages on the E190...

Airline started in 1988.

Year 7 FO is $129.73/hr and year 7 Capt is $161.28/hr all fleets

In 2012, year 7 FO will be $161.28/hr and year 7 Capt will be $244.07 all fleets

I agree there should be no Capt seat less than $100/hr. Furthermore, I don't think it should be legal to charge less for a ticket than it would cost to at least break even on the flight.

All that being said, I am not bragging about our rates (God willing we stay in business for a loooong time.....you just never know), I am just answering your question. I do think that JetBlue is f***ing you guys up the a$$ with no lube with those 190 rates. It's a shame. That fact alone makes me doubt and not like your management.

AAI - 3 years
CAL - 3-4 years
Spirit - likely 4 years with projected growth
Frontier - 4 years

Those numbers are bogus!! You can't look at the most junior captain and say that is the upgrade time looking forward. Cal, with age 65 coming will slow, not to mention selling 737-500's. AAI deferring some deliveries...impossible in 3. Frontier...seriously? Getting 13 planes in the next 3 1/2 years. No way 4 year upgrade. Spirit, I'll give you that.

JetBlue must raise the pay on the 190....no doubt

CD

beware the law of unintended consequences

I don't think it should be legal to charge less for a ticket than it would cost to at least break even on the flight.

I share your frustration over domestic fares. But if we passed a law like that, it would actually have an opposite effect from what I think you are advocating.

It would prevent established (especially legacy) airlines from matching fares of start ups like SkyBus and lower CASM airlines like JB, AirTran and Southwest. That would give a huge advantage to airlines that are cheaper than others, which would put even more pressure on all airlines to become even cheaper.

A better way would be to make it way more difficult to start up an airline in this country. Of course JB was a start up, all airlines were. But at some point the cycle of buy new planes, pay new workers first year start up pay, and pass the savings along to the consumer has got to stop.

It won't be long before we're talking about SkyBus's declining cost advantage, increased labor and maintenence costs, etc at the very same time the next start up appears on the scene.

Agree, the E-190 rates suck, but then again so does Bama!

That's right! War Eagle! Have you guys seen that video of the Bama coach picking his nose and eating it during a basketball game? Busted!!! :laugh:

I share your frustration over domestic fares. But if we passed a law like that, it would actually have an opposite effect from what I think you are advocating.

You may be right. I am not an expert in that kind of stuff. I just think something needs to happen to prevent all this crap.

Latest resources

Back