Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bob_Sacamano

Hi guys,
I was just hired by jetBlue, and will be attending the November 9th Airbus training class. I've heard that training is kind of rough, and was hoping someone could recommend some high quality training materials for the A320.

Thanks,
Bob

Bob_Sacamano said:
Hi guys,
I was just hired by jetBlue, and will be attending the November 9th Airbus training class. I've heard that training is kind of rough, and was hoping someone could recommend some high quality training materials for the A320.

Thanks,
Bob

You're probably better off just using whatever JB has for you. I'm not a JB guy but the airlines I've worked for provide you with what you need. Quite often each airline orders options on their aircraft that are unique (or at least different from others). Some kind of generic "training materials" from a 3rd party is just going to muddy the waters for you.

They keep you busy at training, but you still have time to enjoy yourself too. I showed up with absolutely no prep and no Bus experience and made it through.

If you absolutely have to study, they do send you the memory items and limitations by email a day or 2 after the job offer.

Is the Bus training the standard airline setup. 10 days or so of indoc, couple weeks of systems, 7 or 8 sim sessions, 100% ride in the sim, then OE? About 6 or 8 weeks start to finish?

J32driver said:
Is the Bus training the standard airline setup. 10 days or so of indoc, couple weeks of systems, 7 or 8 sim sessions, 100% ride in the sim, then OE? About 6 or 8 weeks start to finish?

That's about right.

There is plenty of time to get it all figured out.

Thanks for the replies, guys. Based on what everyone has told me, I'm just going to review the limitations and memory items a bit, and just try to relax with my wife until I go to class. I can't wait!
Bob

Bob,

You will have everything you need within your first couple of days. Training has improved drastically. I have a great systems guide...go to www.impactink.com and order it if you want. It isn't necessary, but I found it useful and helpful. Good luck.

Latest resources

Back