• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

canyonblue

Everyone loves Southwest
ADVISORY/JetBlue to Make Major News Announcement Tuesday Morning at 10am

Monday June 9, 5:50 pm ET

CEO David Neeleman Available for One-on-One Interviews

(BUSINESS WIRE)--
WHAT: JetBlue, the New York-based low-fare carrier, will hold a press conference to make a major news announcement.

WHO: David Neeleman, CEO, JetBlue Airways

WHEN: 10am, Tuesday, June 10, 2003

WHERE: Sheraton Hotel and Towers, Broadway at 53rd Street,
Manhattan
Ballroom Royal A, 2nd floor

BACKGROUND:

JetBlue is a low-fare, low-cost passenger airline, which provides high-quality customer service. Since launching operations in February 2000, the airline has carried more than 13 million passengers. JetBlue operates a fleet of 42 new Airbus A320 aircraft and is scheduled to place into service another 11 A320s by the end of 2003. All JetBlue aircraft feature roomy all-leather seats each equipped with free live satellite television, offering up to 24 channels of DIRECTV® Programming at every seat.(a)

Based out of New York City's John F. Kennedy International Airport, JetBlue currently operates 174 flights a day and serves 21 destinations in ten states and Puerto Rico. JetBlue is scheduled to begin service between New York City's JFK and San Diego, CA with two daily flights starting June 26 and July 14, respectively.

With JetBlue, all seats are assigned, all travel is ticketless, all fares are one-way, and a Saturday night stay is never required. For more information, schedules and fares, please visit www.jetblue.com or call JetBlue reservations at 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583). This press release, as well as past press releases, can be found on www.jetblue.com.

(a) DIRECTV® service is not available on flights between New York City and San Juan, Puerto Rico.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JetBlue
Gareth Edmondson-Jones, 646/734-2800 (cell)

I'll make the announcement for them. They are beginning service to Melbourne, FL.

And if this really is their "major news announcement", it was not a very well kept secret.

My gawd, now we have press releases announcing press releases. And secondly, why would a new city be considered a "major announcement?"

that's it???!?!?!?

Geez, I thought it was going to be something MAJOR like they were picking up some A330's and going across the pond.

Jet Blue

Tonight David Neeleman will be on CNBC from 9 till 10pm,maybe he will let out what is going on. David Siegel(ceo USAirways will also be on the show).

Jetblue is going to be the first airline to sign up for the 7E7, just kidding!!

I think that is a very clever name. Melbourne, FL, huh? Well, maybe that will kick Song in the a$$ to also start those types of routes. In the winter I bet there will be some great loads down to the Space Coast. Some people may think that that announcement would hurt Delta's loads from ATL. Well, most of the people flying through ATL were probably connecting in ATL on RJ's from South Bend, Des Moines, and Grand Rapids, and for $$$ fares. We shall see.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes: ;) :p ;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back