JetBlue to land in ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jay Dub / Kid

As "one of those boys at DAL," I'm not ready to write our epitaph just yet. I hear a lot of SWA, Air Tran and JB guys pounding their chests and announcing a new day in commercial aviation. Maybe so.....but it's far too early to tell. Remember, just two years ago most of you were trying to position for interviews at AA, UAL and DAL. Times have changed, and dramatically so, but the next several years will actually tell the tale. And again, my mantra on this board has always been that we all lose when companies make concessions, declare bankruptcy, etc. It just lowers the bar for pay, benefits, and retirement. The industry standard means more work, less pay. Let's keep our eye on the ball here. What short term success some may be having is coming at the expense of others, and was only earned through the sweat and tears of our brothers before us. If UAL, AA and DAL fail, it will be a new day in commercial aviation, and we'll all be worse off!!!

My Blue friend, this is an email I posted in another area, but I find it suiting for this topic also....

Maybe you and your other "Blue Buddies" are the ones that need to relax a little. None of us thought the industry would be in the situation that it is, but I see you and your blue friends continue to brag and flaunt about your earnings, aircraft, dot statistics, growth plan, and job expectations. And as far as majors go, I think comair has you guys beat.

Earnings---Jet Blue uses Proforma

Aircraft --- Airbus-good for you guys, the warranty will run out and they will be just like all the other a/c out there.

Dot Stats---Do you really think passengers care about these
anymore, I think its strictly price per ticket now adays. And anyway, these stats are not always reported accuratly, i.e. I belive SWA has just started to use acars to report their times.

Growth- great for you guys, keep the planes comming, but remember the bigest fear in the aviation industry is a bankrupt airline trying to get cash.

Job Expectations- think about UAL, I think their job expectations have change a little

I really don't care about your airline, and you need to remember that piedmont, air florida, legend, peoples express, valuejet, trump, new york air, and many others were anticipated on being the next big thing to take over the industry. The airline situation today is a fragile one, it only takes another terroist attack, war, bankruptcy or any other random event that could devistate all of the carriers including Jet Blue.

So maybe you and your other co-workers, should be a little more humble and answer questions with dignity instead of continuing to sling mud.

Just relax and remember that things change.

Re: Delta brought this on themselves

Kid Charlemagne said:
Well, well, well. You think the boys at DAL were expecting this when they announced they were "gonna go after JetBlue" with Song? Now look what they've started - JBLU is gonna get some payback in Delta's own backyard...Hartsfield! As if DAL didn't have enough problems there already with AirTran putting the pressure on them! Now they have JBLU there too - I love it!!

Wouldn't it be great if AirTran and JetBlue put so much pressure there that they turned ATL into a low-fare airport? What do you think that would do to DAL's longterm financial health?? Or even trying to return to profitability in the short run?? Well, those of you still holding DAL stock might want to think twice about holding it....it's gonna be a bumpy ride for Delta.

BTW, GeneralLee - with all your talk about how putting Song on JBLU routes would be sure to "hurt Jetblue" and take some pax away....looks like it works both ways huh? And if I'm Joe Passenger going on the long flight to L.A. outta ATL - those low Jetblue fares and LiveTV selection look pretty darn good to me!!

So General Lee, do you like apples? How about them apples?

I don't think this is the end of DAL by any means. I work fo ASA so I hope not. But, the fact is that we are way over-priced out of ATL, so your arrival will help the people of this city.

Here is an example; my family has been trapped in NY for the last 4 days trying to non-rev back to ATL (yea, I know non-reving is risky). They finally gave up and decided to buy a ticket back to ATL. DAL wanted $1,900 for the one way trip, AirTran wanted $491. Who do you think they are flying back on? I can't even afford to ride on my own airline. Thank you AirTran, welcome JetBlue.

FLAMEBAIT ALERT!!!!!

For those of you who want a sincere debate/discussion on this news, please don't respond to goflyme, an obvious flamebaiter who is trying to turn this thread into a steaming pile of manure.

rapidD

You are precisely correct, sir, and we should all take note of that.

I think this may be good news for Delta. This will force uncle Leo to keep the threat of LCC in the fore front of his thinking. The airlines did little to combat LCC in the past and they have shown to be a force to reckon with. Now is the time to take measures to ensure continued sucess.

On another note, my understanding of JB, is that they don't "compete" with airlines. They simply do an analysis on a route and determine if they can make money on that route. (As per a management friend of mine at JB). I would then assume that Neilimen (sp) allready had ATL in the play book. Maybe Song sped up his schedule, who knows.

This can't be a reaction to Song, because, as he has stated in numerous press articles, he is not concerned with Song.:eek:

Anyway, this may prove to be an interesting bit of competition, or it may prove to be nothing. I guess this is what makes this business soooo much fun.

Take care guys,

NYR

I'm the flamebaiter? Here are "blue buddies" quotes...

"I do love to taxi on DIXIE taxiway down there!"

"The dinosaurs like U, UAL, AMR, DAL, etc. are on the losing side of history"
"- they had a great run and were something to behold in their heydey, but the future
belongs to the likes of SWA, JBLU, AirTran, Frontier, etc."

"Well I'm sure when the mighty T. Rex and his kin saw the first little mammals
scurring around the underbrush they chuckled and said
"Those little rodents will someday replace us - us, in all our majesty?"

I am just stating, JB pilots should be more humble and not always attack other people in the fourm. Most people are just asking or inquiring about rumors they here about Jet Blue. You sound like a child by demanding people not respond to others. Take a look at yourself and your own posts before you call others flamebaiters.

Kid Charlemagne said:

I must admit it feels pretty good. I can't wait until ATL becomes pretty much all low fare flights (on the domestic side anyway) - D :D

- LOL

Why? Would you like me to permanently loose my job? How would this help you? Like I have said before, it's getting harder and harder to root for you guys.

I would rather pay more on DAL who has an all Boeing fleet than support the French and their Air Bus.

Support American jobs!

I like JB, but the French are a bunch of sniveling weaklings...next time someone tries to invade them I say let em fend for themselves...my grandfather didn't fight battles over there to have them turn on us like this..

Latest resources

Back