JetBlue to land in ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BLUE BAYOU

Announced today: JetBlue will start 3 daily flights from Long Beach (LA) to Atlanta starting May 8. Customers will also be able to connect to Las Vegas and Oakland through Long Beach. Fares will start at $104 each way between LGB and ATL or $99 each way if booked through our internet site jetblue.com.

Additionally, JetBlue will also start one daily round trip between LGB and FLL for the same fare.

All I can say is...........Yee haaaa!!

Disclaimer - born and raised in the south so I'm allowed to say that. :D

That is great news for ATL. When do you think that service will be expanded?

Delta brought this on themselves

Well, well, well. You think the boys at DAL were expecting this when they announced they were "gonna go after JetBlue" with Song? Now look what they've started - JBLU is gonna get some payback in Delta's own backyard...Hartsfield! As if DAL didn't have enough problems there already with AirTran putting the pressure on them! Now they have JBLU there too - I love it!!

Wouldn't it be great if AirTran and JetBlue put so much pressure there that they turned ATL into a low-fare airport? What do you think that would do to DAL's longterm financial health?? Or even trying to return to profitability in the short run?? Well, those of you still holding DAL stock might want to think twice about holding it....it's gonna be a bumpy ride for Delta.

BTW, GeneralLee - with all your talk about how putting Song on JBLU routes would be sure to "hurt Jetblue" and take some pax away....looks like it works both ways huh? And if I'm Joe Passenger going on the long flight to L.A. outta ATL - those low Jetblue fares and LiveTV selection look pretty darn good to me!!

So General Lee, do you like apples? How about them apples?

Maybe that first flight into ATL should be flown by a new aircraft named "Yankee Blue" piloted by Captain Sherman

rapidD said:
Don't gloat guys. It's not becoming. Let's give it a few years and see where the cards fall.

Sorry rapidD, didn't mean to be gloating. But you got to understand, for weeks we've had to listen to General Lee go on and on about how Delta is gonna put the hurtin' on JetBlue with Song, how their IFE will be better, they get Skymiles, JBLU will certainly lose pax and marketshare, DAL is posed to make a big comeback at JBLU's expense, etc etc etc....ad nauseum.

This was just a chance to give him a little of his own medicine....and I must admit it feels pretty good. I can't wait until ATL becomes pretty much all low fare flights (on the domestic side anyway) - then we'll see what the boys at DAL and General Lee have to say....maybe then they won't keep talking about how much they are "going to put the hurt on JetBlue"!!!!!:D :D

Bottom line: It's a new day. The dinosaurs like U, UAL, AMR, DAL, etc. are on the losing side of history - they had a great run and were something to behold in their heydey, but the future belongs to the likes of SWA, JBLU, AirTran, Frontier, etc. Can't happen you say? Well I'm sure when the mighty T. Rex and his kin saw the first little mammals scurring around the underbrush they chuckled and said "Those little rodents will someday replace us - us, in all our majesty? You gotta be kidding - it'll never happen!" LOL

Don't gloat guys. It's not becoming. Let's give it a few years and see where the cards fall.

I concur. It is waaaaaay too early for anyone to pound their chest. AA made some real bold statements about what they would do to JetBlue, and they have pulled out of atleast one of these routes they were going to "teach" us on. It could easily go the other way, at any given time in this business environment. The focus should be on the customer, other than that everything will fall in place. If all companies involved will just do this, all customers can be satisfied. It is my hope that is what happens.

rapidD said:

Very true!!! Let's just wait and see how it all works out. It'll be fun anyway. I do love to taxi on DIXIE taxiway down there!

Jaydub, Blue, sleepy, Kid,

Oh yeah..... you bunch of blue suiters.... we'll show you..... we'll throw 5 RJ's on the same routes with fuel stops in PHX and DFW.......you just wait and see. LOL Sorry I just couldn't resist.

You guys know how this new procedure at JB with the internal LOR's are affecting the computer pics for interviews? I'm pretty sure Im qualified to fly the bus, but no calls yet.........

Now where did I put the number for that Truck driv...... aahhh nevermind found it.

Latest resources

Back