JetBlue to Hire in 2009:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Floatplane

I keep hearing that JetBlue will begin hiring in early 2009 for the EMB-190. All future new hire pilots will go directly into the EMB and no future hiring into the A-320. JetBlue is no longer granting Capt.'s LOA and is in need of some additional crews. No hard numbers yet, but I would suspect somewhere between 100-200 new pilots in 2009. I want to reiterate this is not offical yet, but I am hearing this almost daily and from people that should know.

We are growing FLL from 78 to 110 crews and there are 43 pilots in the pool currently.

I heard a total of up to 100 new positions planned with the possibility for more. That would leave up to 70 or so new hires off the street assuming all in the pool take the class date.

We also may accelerate 4 e190 deliveries.. We are leasing and or selling a few 190's for Nelemans new airline azul but current plan is for a net of 4 190's and 1 a320

It could be 8 e190's if we exercise those options which could add 30 more new hires.

Wait a second. One of the big anti-union reasons on this board is that JetBlue will furlough if a union is voted on property. Now you guys are talking about hiring. Which is it?

Wait a second. One of the big anti-union reasons on this board is that JetBlue will furlough if a union is voted on property. Now you guys are talking about hiring. Which is it?

You just answered your own question.

Who cares if they furlough? I'll sit home and collect 70 hours a month for 3 more years.

They're not going to furlough...fear is a tool used to sway the ignorant.

You just answered your own question.

Who cares if they furlough? I'll sit home and collect 70 hours a month for 3 more years.

They're not going to furlough...fear is a tool used to sway the ignorant.

Why just 3 more years? The Aug amendment made it indefinite.
ML

I think we use roughly seven crews per aircraft. Think about what net increase in Airbii there will have to be before the the bottom 500 or so become Airbus Captains. Now look at the delivery rate. It is ugly. Very ugly.

Latest resources

Back