• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue to Haiti

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
it's hard to believe now, but at one time (1950's, early '60"s) Haiti was a tropical vacation spot. . . . one of the Bond flicks took place there. Sad to see what it has become.

Yeah, the President back then, bat sh!t crazy "Papa Doc" believed a coup plotter turned into a black dog. So logically, he ordered all black dogs killed. Makes perfect sense to me.....

That's one place the plane will never break. The 14 year old kids walking around with AK 47's is a nice perk. The last time I was there I heard gun fire just outside the airport. Careful guys.

I took my wife and kids to Haiti just this last December. We had a great time for the day we were there... of course it was the private island Labadee, leased by Royal Carribean.

I guess we were jealous of the Delta and American pilots who get to fly there.

Do DL or AA do any overnights there?

I know DL does not. It (was) a turn JFK on the 757. SOP was to start the APU at TOD with a mechanic onboard. If the APU didn't start, we had to go to our alternate airport. Absolutely no crew layovers there.

I wonder what would happen to a crew if they had a little incident in Haiti ? An incident that destroyed a few of the 'Villas' near the end of a runway. A jail in Haiti will make the Gimp scene in Pulp Fiction look like a romantic interlude.

The point of the post, apart from the joy of mentioning the most significant example of on-screen buggery since Deliverence, is this; One of the things ALPA does very well is getting crews out of countries that are hazardous to their health. I hope Jet Blue corporate security has the same reach.

Don't forget your sword.

Last edited:
Is it not true that AA had problems with the locals helping themselves to various parts on RONs?

Latest resources

Back