JetBlue tickets on eBay

skiandsurf

Total Time
--
JetBlue is selling tickets on eBay.

Is this a gimmick or a sign of bad news coming from jb?

dedazo

Total Time
It's a joke that's what it is. It is sad our industry has come to that.... and we wonder why aviation in the United States is going down the drain. Selling tickets on ebay starting at 5 cents, meanwhile they ask for concessions to their employees and top managers still take millions on bonuses home. WOW....

Whiskerbizkit

Inside her \|/
Total Time
Its all free advertisement, they were talking about it on all the news networks....and how ebay usually goes they will sell them for more than the normal price.

Fins Up

Fly Fast, Live Slow
Total Time
Well, they haven't started doing charters yet, that's when you know it's over.
Actually we started doing charters a year or two ago. We just finished up some to MYR, we had Mitt Romny, now Sarah Palin, McCain previously (I think), plus some sports teams.

As far as ebay, I thought it was a dumb idea at first. But I think we're just doing it to generate some buzz. I hear we're getting pretty good $$ for the packages. It's good cheap advertising.

As long as we're not selling planes on ebay I'm not worried.

stb

Total Time
1000+
Interesting
JFK-SJU $750 RT
EWR-MCO $350 RT
JFK-LAS $700 RT
JFK-NAS $530 RT
EWR-FLL $430 RT
All not including taxes.

One way to check pricing power for city pairs.

Headfake14

646 3A
Total Time
10000+
Well, they haven't started doing charters yet, that's when you know it's over.

um...why would that be a bad sign. Charters are big money makers. Someone posted charters we've done...also the white house press corps. There are a $hit load of others but not labled.

AH...maybe over for YOU. I bet thats what you meant.

BOHICAgain

I will miss you Daniel
Total Time
um...why would that be a bad sign. Charters are big money makers. Someone posted charters we've done...also the white house press corps. There are a $hit load of others but not labled.

AH...maybe over for YOU. I bet thats what you meant.

Thats why B6 was in DTW. It was 2 different callsings flying behind us and both were asking that B6 land before the other call sign. When we landed It was B6 followed by the Mccain Airplane.

clickclickboom

Total Time
It's a joke that's what it is. It is sad our industry has come to that.... and we wonder why aviation in the United States is going down the drain. Selling tickets on ebay starting at 5 cents, meanwhile they ask for concessions to their employees and top managers still take millions on bonuses home. WOW....

Some pilots are just so stupid.please take a marketing 101 class at your local college and get a clue.

The low starting bids stimulate demand and interest. For example on auction that started at 5 cents for a 4 day vacation package is near $4000 !! Whats our cost ? maybe $1000 for those 2 seats and 3 nights in the marriott in aruba?

Meanwhile nearly every major media outlet is plugging the flights which is priceless. just wait for the media blitz when our terminal opens in two weeks.

I am sure that agreement also has some ancillary benefits for us ( crew layover rates, discounts, transportation etc etc)

I also got a concessionary 5% raise sept 1st ( Even though monthly divisors are reduced about 5-7 hours so no pilots get furloughed) so your misinformation is correct..

Last edited:

Dizel8

Douglas metal
Total Time
Huh?
"* Flights are Public Charters operated by Virgin America & USA Jet."