• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Staffing of the EMB's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can bet that other carriers will also want LGB slots if more become available. Thanks to you guys and Airtran starting service from ATL(and then you dropping two out of the three)---Delta will have 22 daily roundtrips from ATL to the LA Basin----5 from SNA, two from ONT, and 15 from LAX. All I have to say is: "THANKS." I love flying to LA. Maybe we will get a slot or two at LGB someday too.

Bye Bye---General Lee;) :rolleyes: :p

Dropping ATL-LGB

GLee,

First off, you're welcome. But we didn't drop out because it wasn't making $, it's that we can make more $$ elsewhere (FLL-LGB springs to mind).

Don't count us out yet. Also, did you run a comparison Song vs. JB in our side by side markets regarding 2Q revenues? I think you (of all people) will find it interesting.

See ya.

General Lee said:
Thanks to you guys and Airtran starting service from ATL(and then you dropping two out of the three)---Delta will have 22 daily roundtrips from ATL to the LA Basin--All I have to say is: "THANKS." I love flying to LA.

Bye Bye---General Lee;) :rolleyes: :p

Pardon me, General . . . . . just a lowly pilot here, but I think Delta needs to begin planning their routes based upon profitability . . . not out of some misplaced sense of routes being "theirs".

That dinosaur way of thinking is probably going to cost Leo his head, eventually. Investors want results, not bragging rights.

I heard that almost half of the ATL-LGB pax were connecting for OAK. That is why they changed the schedule. It also keeps DAL on their toes! AirTran had a record quarter, That is great for the little guys also. Ty, How much of the profit came from charging jumpseaters? Just kidding.

Flying Freddie said:
Ty, How much of the profit came from charging jumpseaters? Just kidding.

Actually, all of it . . . and it was all on ATL-PNS. That's why we ordered the 737's . . . the first one will be put into service on that route . . . rumor has it it will be named "Jumpseat Jenny" . . .. oh, and we're buying Hooters Air (for the entertainment of commuting pilots), but the girls will have to split their tips with the company, so be generous, please . . . .

LGB has 25 "commuter" slots. Only three are being used (by Horizon Air).

I think jetBlue could pick up the other 22 commuter slots and run the EMB190 out of LGB this way...has this been mentioned yet?

Last edited:
English said:
LGB has 25 "commuter" slots. Only three are being used (by Horizon Air).

I think jetBlue could pick up the other 22 commuter slots and run the EMB190 out of LGB this way...has this been mentioned yet?

Yes, it has been mentioned, and explored. I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure that the EMB-190 does not fall into what you call "commuter" class and therefore has the same restrictions that the A320 has.

We'll see, then we'll know!

C Ya

Delta will have 22 daily roundtrips from ATL to the LA Basin----5 from SNA, two from ONT, and 15 from LAX. All I have to say is: "THANKS." I love flying to LA. Maybe we will get a slot or two at LGB someday too.

Bye Bye---General Lee

your welcome!! we love watching delta lose money competing with us. (exactly,how much did delta lose last quarter??? i want YOU to answer that general lee. no spinning!!

BTW, what were Songs numbers last quarter??? thatsss right, delta wont give out those numbers......food for thought

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back