jetblue rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wndshr

what is the rumor going around about 30 more a/c? are they just conversions of options or real additions? another one was 330's... ............lets hear the gossip!

wndshr said:
what is the rumor going around about 30 more a/c? are they just conversions of options or real additions? another one was 330's... ............lets hear the gossip!

We (or at least I) have heard nothing. I also saw the news wire that said something about 30 A320 "family" aircraft that JB and Airbus were in discussions about but there has been no official word from the company to us, which is the norm if something has transpired. It is probably like you said, merely an exercise of options that were already in place or something of that nature. But honestly, nothing major has taken place, to my knowledge. At last count, our total Airbus options, orders, and current fleet totals 202 A320 family airplanes through the year 2010 (I think 2010, I might be off a year or two).

C ya

Last edited:
From the annual report:

"We are scheduled to add 98 new Airbus A320 aircraft and 100 Embraer 190 aircraft to our current operating fleet of 55 Airbus A320 aircraft by the end of 2011."

Currently, JB is operating 59 A-320s, so add to that an additional 94 A-320s between now and the end of 2011, plus the 100 Embraers.

-#1W

#1 Windmilling said:
From the annual report:

"We are scheduled to add 98 new Airbus A320 aircraft and 100 Embraer 190 aircraft to our current operating fleet of 55 Airbus A320 aircraft by the end of 2011."

Currently, JB is operating 59 A-320s, so add to that an additional 94 A-320s between now and the end of 2011, plus the 100 Embraers.

-#1W

Thanks. Heck, I can't keep up with it. All I know is that it is a bunch o' planes.

C ya

SWA takes delivery of their 400th 737 in June and are expected to increase that number to 800 by 2012. Now thats a bunch o'aircraft.

To add more wood to the fire. I heard an announcement is coming that will make the 190 announcement look like chicken feed. Beats me what it is or if it is even true. You know how these things are. I'll believe it when I see it.

a320drivr said:
To add more wood to the fire. I heard an announcement is coming that will make the 190 announcement look like chicken feed. Beats me what it is or if it is even true. You know how these things are. I'll believe it when I see it.

Yes, I have heard that one as well but my Pal had DN in the jumpseat yesterday and he didn't even flinch when asked about it. If there is any truth to it, he usually diverts the subject to something else. Although personally, I have witnessed some of his best poker faces!

C yaaaa

Okay,

Since we're just talking about rumors, can you at least enlighten the rest of us into what you've heard.........we all realize that rumors are just that....but this "I have a secret" game isn't much fun for the rest of us

Re: my buddy at airbus said

pilot1704 said:
my friend at airbus in france said that there has been talk about JETBLUE getting those A380 at least 5 of them to start their international operations to europe, asia and south america!

That would be great , low fare international carrier. That would be something!
Can you say "People Express"?

Cmon guys,

This is just flame bait.

Take it for what it is worth. Rumor. Expect to be surprised but not flabergasted.

I don't know what is up, but my gut would tell me a few more options or firm orders perhaps.

Nothing more.

My $0.02.

Chaz

Latest resources

Back