JetBlue reducing to 3 FAs for 5 available Jumpseats

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

seahorse

I was recently told that JetBlue will reduce to 3 FAs on all flights, which will now allow 5 total jumpseats for offline commuting pilots, with 3 Cabin jumpseats and 2 flight deck jumpseats.

Can someone please confirm when this will happen? Thanks.

Actually, planes are currently being reconfigured to eliminate one row of seats in front of the exit rows-- which will make the aircraft's capacity 150. 36 inch pitch in front of exit rows (more than some first class) and 34 inch pitch in rear of exit rows. This will also eliminate 1 flight attendant at a total cost savings of 25-30 million over 5 years (that's what they say). No word on removal of swing-out jumpseat (it has safety equipment stored in it), so yes, there will be a total of 3 jumpseats available in back and 2 up in the cockpit. Apparently, Delta has done this also on some of their 737s, but did not move the seats to increase pitch.

I was recently told that JetBlue will reduce to 3 FAs on all flights, which will now allow 5 total jumpseats for offline commuting pilots, with 3 Cabin jumpseats and 2 flight deck jumpseats.

Horse,

Should be completed by Mar 1. After the FAs are retrained on how to serve and evacuate an aircraft with 3 FAs, they will make the switch.

DW

*Deleted* - Nevermind, now I understand what the poster was alluding to.

Last edited:

My understanding from the FAA is that the flight attendant jumpseats are available to that company's pilots only. The reason is that an offline jumpseater is not considered qualified to work the exit doors.

Are the three remaining FAs going to be the good looking ones?

My understanding from the FAA is that the flight attendant jumpseats are available to that company's pilots only. The reason is that an offline jumpseater is not considered qualified to work the exit doors.

That is incorrect. Offline jumpseaters can sit in the extra FA jumpseats - pilots and FA's.

Keep in mind.....

Jumpseating Flight Attendants have PRIORITY for the 3 jumps in the back, Pilots have it for the 2 in the front.

And this will take effect after March 1st.....we still have 4 FA's till then.

Hell I work there and I can't remember how to open those doors...

:D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back