Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue PVC has voted to give away flying!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't you mean a "kick in the teeth"?

LOL, yes yes I stand corrected!

facekick.jpg

I agree... However, I don't like the speculation as to what the documents will say. In other words, the hype on this board and others, if proven incorrect, does more harm than good. Let's just wait and see what they say. Instead of guessing and reacting to rumors and spreading all the hype on these boards. I'll be the first to tell anyone on the ELT that they ruined a lot of good will if they try or suggest outsourcing.

Talked to the ELT yet?

So, assuming that this package gets a no vote from the pilots....is corp. jblu required to acknowledge and abide....I am guessing that somewhere in the articles of incorporation that there is an article that requires compliance with the pvc(?) or elt(?) vote....a slightly more refined version of representation than the "7 mustaches" program that the rest of us pay for....good on y'all

I'm not sure how the mustache program works, but the 5 documents were voted forward or a "yes" buy about 60%.

Yes there are certain things that are required to have PVC compliance or pilot votes attached, but if the company decides not to abide, we cannot fight it together. You take your personal opinion to your CP and he'll review it.

At the end of the day these documents let the company do what ever they want, just like before. Now they just have a paper from the pilots that says it's ok.
It's ok to give away flying...
It's ok to merge seniority with a 50 seat operator...
It's ok to create a alter ego operator...
It's ok

We get all these improvments along with an increase in pay, 401k contributions, better rigs, improved healthcare and retirment... no wait, yea we don't get any of that stuff. Just the it's ok stuff.

So to answer your question Tico, I think it's no, not required to do anything.

Last edited:
There is no "culture". It is about money and B6 not paying industry standard major airline compensation and benefits. If you're dumb enough to accept mediocre retirement and benefits, then you're dumb enough to work here. Welcome aboard.

There is no "culture". It is about money and B6 not paying industry standard major airline compensation and benefits. If you're dumb enough to accept mediocre retirement and benefits, then you're dumb enough to work here. Welcome aboard.[/QUOTE]

How was the retirement and benefits when you started at JB. You were obviously dumb enough to accept it and work here.

There is no "culture". It is about money and B6 not paying industry standard major airline compensation and benefits. If you're dumb enough to accept mediocre retirement and benefits, then you're dumb enough to work here. Welcome aboard.[/QUOTE]

How was the retirement and benefits when you started at JB. You were obviously dumb enough to accept it and work here.

You're exactly right. Was all good when they needed a job, but now everyone is pissed because of the ALPA thing and it's embarasing. All the negativity is working the other way. The on the fence guys are running because of the anger and Inconsistency.

Jetblue was a stepping stone to a major back then and still is now.

A few years ago we had a significant amount of turnover and Jetblue leadership decided they needed to make some changes. Some declarations were made about Jetblue becoming a career destination carrier. The pilot group bought in and the surveys, committees and rhetoric began. After a few more years of little to no changes a union vote ensued. Again, more declarations and promises by leadership were made and the union was voted down. After no changes were made and second union vote was taken. Again, leadership promised changes and the union was voted down. Recently the CFO was quoted as saying their would absolutely be no changes to benefits, pay or retirement. So here we stand today in much the same manner as 2001, 2002, 2003, etc...

Jetblue is still a stepping stone to a major airline.

If you have the opportunity to read Deltas latest pay and benefits comparison you will see how jebtlue stacks up comparatively. It's very frustrating for this pilot group since over half continue to vote no for representation while our benefits, retirement, schedule and scope continue to suffer.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back