JetBlue Posts Q1 Profit...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BigMotorToter

JetBlue Announces 9.3% Operating Margin; First Profit in the First Quarter Since 2005

NEW YORK, April 23, 2009 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ --

JetBlue Airways Corporation (Nasdaq: JBLU) today reported its results for the first quarter 2009: -- Operating income for the quarter was $73 million, resulting in a 9.3% operating margin, compared to operating income of $17 million and a 2.2% operating margin in the first quarter of 2008.

-- Pre-tax income for the quarter was $20 million, which includes a special charge of $8 million related to the valuation of JetBlue's auction rate securities. Excluding this special charge, JetBlue's pre-tax income for the quarter would have been $28 million. This compares to a pre-tax loss of $16 million in the first quarter of 2008.

-- Net income for the first quarter was $12 million, or $0.05 per diluted share. Excluding the special charge, JetBlue's net income for the quarter would have been $20 million, or $0.08 per diluted share. This compares to JetBlue's first quarter 2008 net loss of $10 million, or $0.05 per diluted share.

When do they start paying fo their airplanes?

You broke the code ...

All of our aircraft have been given to us free of charge.

All maintenance costs are covered by Airbus and EMB for the next 20 years.

Fuel is free as long as we give the EXXON CEO Blue Chips when he rides with us.

As soon as these deals expire, naturally we will have to shut down operations.

I know your post was toung in cheek, but you'd be amazed how many people actually believe this stuff.

DW

We dont pay for our airplanes. We elect Joel Peterson to the BOD and then he cherry picks the right deals for his aircraft leasing firm.. He acts as both buyer and seller in transactions. Where do I sign up for this deal?

Now and into the future we will supply azul with airframes for growth.

I am not sure about the aircraft financing details, but I do know one thing they don't pay for is pilots.

I am not sure about the aircraft financing details, but I do know one thing they don't pay for is pilots.

So I guess you didn't know the pay rates when you took the job?

Huh...

So I guess you didn't know the pay rates when you took the job?

Huh...

Let me guess you have the same idea as Mr. Craine, all 190 pilots at JB Express should have to reinterview to fly the Bus? How about same seat payscale and then all is fair. Don't tell me that 49 seats in your big airplane is worthy. SW has it right all equip same rate (737-500 110 pax/737-700 140 pax), we should as well.

Latest resources

Back