Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Plans New Focus City at Boston's ...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Booster said:
GL said ... "Jetblue will not compete against Southwest directly."
You are correct. JB does fly out of same airports as SWA but does not go to same city pairs.
I think a very good biz decision on B6's part. At this point SWA would crush them. Don't know what the future will bring but now is not the time to go head to head with the LCC who wrote the book.

I don't think that b6 would bother competing against swa now......why should they when there are plenty of other routes to "cherry pick"

however, when the emb's come....eventually there will be some direct competition. unless swa can get ife for their long routes...their product can't even be compared to B6 in terms of quality!

20 flts per day is not a fortress. Jetblue will wait till the 190's come on board.

Geesh, are you full of it today. You actually believe Jetblue will try to avoid SWA in the next 24 months? You believe that they are afraid to go into ISP where SWA has 4 gates? I don't think you understand that Jetblue plans to dominate the domestic NYC market. SWA is not the 800lb gorilla in NYC, Jetblue is. Now if you were talking about BWI, LAS, PHX, or other focus cities for SWA, I would agree with you for now.

This is a quote from Neeleman on 9/18/04: ''There are a couple of other New York-area airports that would like to have service into Fort Lauderdale, and maybe we'll do them in the future,'' Neeleman said. Newark and Islip are ''a good possibility,'' he said later, maybe for next year.

Apparently you forgot this little tidbit from a few months ago:

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=43588&highlight=southwest+islip

Southwest isn't planning on staying at four gates and 26 flights for very long.

lowecur said:
Geesh, are you full of it today. You actually believe Jetblue will try to avoid SWA in the next 24 months? You believe that they are afraid to go into ISP where SWA has 4 gates? I don't think you understand that Jetblue plans to dominate the domestic NYC market. SWA is not the 800lb gorilla in NYC, Jetblue is. Now if you were talking about BWI, LAS, PHX, or other focus cities for SWA, I would agree with you for now.

This is a quote from Neeleman on 9/18/04: ''There are a couple of other New York-area airports that would like to have service into Fort Lauderdale, and maybe we'll do them in the future,'' Neeleman said. Newark and Islip are ''a good possibility,'' he said later, maybe for next year.

Lowecur,

Talk of being full of yourself, that is your full time job. Jetblue hasn't done it in the past or present, and they will avoid it as much as possible in the future. They won't go up against the #1 LCC(size wise) if they don't have to. Southwest is the dominate carrier, LCC or otherwise, at ISP. Jetblue might go in there, but not up against Southwest directly. Come on, any analcyst should be able to figure that one out.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
General Lee said:
Lowecur,

Talk of being full of yourself, that is your full time job. Who, me?:D Come on, any analcyst should be able to figure that one out.

Bye Bye--General Lee
GL: Like I said before, Jetblue owns domestic NY on every route they fly. They will go into Islip with the 190, not to compete directly with SWA, but to free up space at JFK. Islip will be the first direct competition between Jetblue and SWA, and it will be mostly Florida routes. Jetblue has no intention of flying anymore than 10 flts per day, unless of course SWA decides to pull out. ;)

lowecur said:
GL: Like I said before, Jetblue owns domestic NY on every route they fly. They will go into Islip with the 190, not to compete directly with SWA, but to free up space at JFK. Islip will be the first direct competition between Jetblue and SWA, and it will be mostly Florida routes. Jetblue has no intention of flying anymore than 10 flts per day, unless of course SWA decides to pull out. ;)

We'll see chief. They haven't competed directly before, and SW probably won't go to LGA, JFK, or EWR. How about White Plains or Newburgh? Any other wild guesses?

Bye Bye--General Lee

"Jetblue owns domestic NY on every route they fly"

Sport have you correctly "prognosticated" anything correctly since your mail order bride left standing at the alter with you chub in your hand thereby forcing you to turn to the internet for attention?

Your a TOAD..go away.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back