• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue Pilots Vote Union Down

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
While far from a ALPA cheerleader, any union is only as strong as their volunteers. Then once guys volunteer(usually is the same guys) they are constantly criticized from the bleachers. As far as TWA did they not waive their scope?? And now it is ALPA's fault. Their own leadership did this. It would not have been any different had they been independent. Usair guys would not budge from doh, which they were warned was not going to happen. How is this ALPAs fault?? They went for the homerun, lost and then renaged on their word as far as BINDING ARBITRATION. Truely disgusting.. Question for the easties?? If you would have recieved doh without any fences and the immediate upgrades from excersising your seniority out west what would be your reaction if the west had refused to honor this?

Excellent points, Cobra. When things go south, people tend to blame ALPA National for the errors of their local MEC. ALPA National advises. They can't make an MEC do anything. We had a no-strike clause for 25 years. Did ALPA National like it? NO! Did they make us change it? No again.

And as far as the East guys go, do you think that if they had gotten DoH they would have jumped ship? They would have praised ALPA to high heaven while telling the AWA guys to TRY and decertify if they didn't like it knowing all the while AWA didn't have the votes to do so.

. To do what? Rat them out to management so anti-union pilots can upgrade quicker?

Are you really that dumb? ( I think you are) Um, we don't upgrade based on merit. I bet you blame other races or women when you fail.

The JBPA group presented their case and only 33% accepted it. Quit being a baby and deal with it.

The JBPA group presented their case and only 33% accepted it. Quit being a baby and deal with it.

True. As much as I was hoping JBPA would succeed, the majority of the pilots there voted by NOT voting. No vote was counted (and always is) as a NO vote.

Considering the number of furloughed ex-ALPA and ex-military with no other airline experience on the seniority list, the result isn't really all that much of a surprise.

True. As much as I was hoping JBPA would succeed, the majority of the pilots there voted by NOT voting. No vote was counted (and always is) as a NO vote.

Considering the number of furloughed ex-ALPA and ex-military with no other airline experience on the seniority list, the result isn't really all that much of a surprise.
I hate to agree with you Fubi, but you're right.
I was one of the 646, but I've heard many of the mil guys lobbying against it.
They have their retirement and insurance so screw the rest of us.
I guess maybe they would say "Screw them, I'm RTB'ing", if one of their squadron mates was in trouble and needed help?

Fubi/FR8:

You would think that that would have been a consideration for the results....but two of the biggest union chargers were ex-military, first time airline pilots.

Their demeanor during the campaign and since were as good for the JBPA as the Betamax was for Sony.

A350

Fubi/FR8:

You would think that that would have been a consideration for the results....but two of the biggest union chargers were ex-military, first time airline pilots.

Their demeanor during the campaign and since were as good for the JBPA as the Betamax was for Sony.

A350
You may be right. All my evidence in that area is merely heresay.
The individuals that I actually spoke with had even more pathetic excuses for not voting.

I agree with some of this. You are a sorry MFer. You have degraded and helped destroy this profession. There is nothing unique or outstanding except your willingness to work more for less. And yes, you are fools. Do you really think the rest of us would have taken the severe cuts to pay, benefits, pension etc IF there had not been a template?? You were the template. ******************** pay, work rules, no pension, high insurance premimums etc. My personal opinion is that ALPA, APA, IPA, SWAPA etc. should come out as a unified voice and say "no union, no jumpseat". There should be punishment for this. For those that voted yes, maybe there could be some sort of non active member card so those that fought the good fight won't have to struggle to get to work.

How don't you get it? There has never ever ever in the history of US airlines been a pilot group who took pay cuts due to the fact that their competitors earned lower wages than themselves. It has never happened; it doesn't happen; it will not happen. Pilot wages have never been enough to make an airline profitable or not. It's simply a tool used by management and unfortunately some are foolish enough to believe it.

How don't you get it? There has never ever ever in the history of US airlines been a pilot group who took pay cuts due to the fact that their competitors earned lower wages than themselves. It has never happened; it doesn't happen; it will not happen. Pilot wages have never been enough to make an airline profitable or not. It's simply a tool used by management and unfortunately some are foolish enough to believe it.

Truer words have never been spoken....

Latest resources

Back