JetBlue Pilot Mugged - Hospitalized

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AKAAB

A JetBlue pilot was mugged and is in the hospital in NY. The official details are thin, but it appears he was robbed and ended up in the hospital with broken facial bones. At around 2am, after getting in late, he was walking to get some pizza (Dani's?) and was attacked along the way. He was knocked unconscious and left on the sidewalk, and doesn't remember the attack.

No word on his name or initials, yet. This guy's life is going to be seriously messed up for a while.

Let's be careful out there!

A JetBlue pilot was mugged and is in the hospital in NY. The official details are thin, but it appears he was robbed and ended up in the hospital with broken facial bones. At around 2am, after getting in late, he was walking to get some pizza (Dani's?) and was attacked along the way. He was knocked unconscious and left on the sidewalk, and doesn't remember the attack.

No word on his name or initials, yet. This guy's life is going to be seriously messed up for a while.

Was this in the Five Points Motel area? It's a common crash pad area for JFK commuters.

Sorry to hear. Been to Dani's a bunch of times. Good pizza real late. I grew up in the ajacent neighborhood of Forest Hills. Never considered that that area was plagued with crime. Futher down Lefferts (towards Richmond Hill), it "can" get bad. Must've been that big pilot watch. j/k. Hope he recovers quickly and feels better.

That's just a couple blocks north of Lefferts and Metro. Historically not a bad area, but you never know. Personally I would never be walking around anywhere in Queens at that hour unless I had a real good reason, I wasn't alone, and I was armed.

I hope he recovers quickly.

What I hope happens to the scum that tried to kill him is unprintable and unspeakable in polite company.

Last edited:
If you mean the 5-Towns Hotel, that's no where near the Kew Gardens area. Kew Gardens has many many crashpads. The 5-Towns area I'd say is quite a bit "rougher" from a crime standpoint. I'd be loath to go outside the 5-Towns Hotel after dark alone.

If you mean the 5-Towns Hotel, that's no where near the Kew Gardens area. Kew Gardens has many many crashpads. The 5-Towns area I'd say is quite a bit "rougher" from a crime standpoint. I'd be loath to go outside the 5-Towns Hotel after dark alone.

Ohhhh yeah. That area is much more crime-ridden. The Five Towns Inn SE of JFK is NOT a safe area. Kew Gardens is considered much nicer than that area by far. Still has it's bad areas, further south though.

Latest resources

Back