Jetblue Pilot Association (JBPA) Files with NMB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hypocritical morons.

JB pilots SHOULD be going to Barger, Chew and Ross and say: "Look! The economy is taking a BIG SH*T. We are here to help. What do you need US to do, so WE can all make sure that JetBlue survives and thrives? What tools can WE, the PILOT GROUP provide to management so we survive and thrive?"

Sounds like a great idea! One unified group. United. Together. Hey... wait a minute.

Compensation is not the main issue. There are several issues: our contract can change at management's will without our feedback, what will happen to us if we get bought out, our retirements, short term disability. Its not just about the money.
Some pilots at jetblue do not have much to complain about, the first 200 on the list and the ones who were hired within the last 2 years directly to the right seat of the Airbus.
On the other hand those of us who go the E190 got the shaft. We have guys who got hired 3 years ago to the E190 and cannot hold A320 while guys junior to them got the A320 out of training are making more money! and are a year or two junior to them! Our compensation was based of rapid growth. We are told in the 1st day of training "you will be on the bus in 2 years", you will upgrade in 4 years", and my favorite "everyone in the seniority today will be an airbus captain in 10 years." Right now those things are not happening so jetblue should adjust our pay with the situation. Unfortunately they havent.

Some pilots at jetblue do not have much to complain about, the first 200 on the list and the ones who were hired within the last 2 years directly to the right seat of the Airbus.

Why don't you tell the class about the longevity raise trailing inflation?

Sorry, but I am in the aforementioned group and I am in favor of JBPA!

Compensation is not the main issue. There are several issues: our contract can change at management's will without our feedback, what will happen to us if we get bought out, our retirements, short term disability. Its not just about the money.
On the other hand those of us who go the E190 got the shaft. We have guys who got hired 3 years ago to the E190 and cannot hold A320 while guys junior to them got the A320 out of training are making more money! and are a year or two junior to them! Our compensation was based of rapid growth. We are told in the 1st day of training "you will be on the bus in 2 years", you will upgrade in 4 years", and my favorite "everyone in the seniority today will be an airbus captain in 10 years." Right now those things are not happening so jetblue should adjust our pay with the situation. Unfortunately they havent.

You start by saying compensation is not the main issue, then whine about compensation. You signed up for it, so take it. And anyone who listens to upgrade time is on crack. When will compensation ever be based on 'staying in business for your career and those behind you as well?' Trade places with any of the other 1000's on the street if life sucks so bad. Don't cry on flightinfo about a union, just get one in and work for the changes that need to be made.

You start by saying compensation is not the main issue, then whine about compensation. You signed up for it, so take it. And anyone who listens to upgrade time is on crack. When will compensation ever be based on 'staying in business for your career and those behind you as well?' Trade places with any of the other 1000's on the street if life sucks so bad. Don't cry on flightinfo about a union, just get one in and work for the changes that need to be made.

I guess you didnt read the phrase "on the other hand"

Don't cry on flightinfo about a union, just get one in and work for the changes that need to be made.

aaaaaah yeeeeaaa... workin on it there chiefy....

Besides, last I checked this was an excellent place to rant and spout off from the soapbox.

Hypocritical morons.

Everyone at JB was hired knowing gawd-damn well it was a non union shop.

Barger is the best CEO in the industry who voluntarily took a 50% pay cut to lead by example.

Waah. Waah. Waah. I want. I want. I want.

I wonder how many JB pilots go to work asking themselves:

"What can I do TODAY to add value to this operation?"

Instead most of them bitch and moan, piss and whine about "how bad things are". The economy is going right down the toilet and JB pilots are thinking that a union/third party orgization will improve things.

JB pilots SHOULD be going to Barger, Chew and Ross and say: "Look! The economy is taking a BIG SH*T. We are here to help. What do you need US to do, so WE can all make sure that JetBlue survives and thrives? What tools can WE, the PILOT GROUP provide to management so we survive and thrive?"

Show some true leadership and maybe the rest of the crewmembers will actually respect you as a leader.

That's what should get done, but it won't. Too many JetBlue pilots are typical born-and-bred American dopes that think you can get something for nothing.

It really doesn't matter what we jetblue pilots do or don't do. The economy is tanking, the Dow is going down to negative 60000, no airlines will be flying, everyone will be out of work and we'll all live in cardboard boxes and eat cats. (At least that seems to be the theme on the non-aviation board) Maybe we will be better off if we squeeze a little out of Jetblue before "dooms day" happens. Then we'll have a larger amount of whatever we will consider valuable after "dooms day". Perhaps that will be guns, water, and beer will be what we use as currency.

Latest resources

Back