jetBlue phone calls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Okaythen

What's the latest on the phone interview process at jetBlue? Are they still going out on somewhat of a predictable schedule (i.e. a few weeks before scheduled interview cycles)?

On a related topic, what is the latest interview schedule?

Thanks to anyone who's willing to catch me up.

OK

theyre running a class starting every 2 weeks. most classes have about 10 people in them. the phone interview for me was about 4-6 weeks before my face to face interview. you find out within a week whether you passed each and made it to the next phase. The final phase, phase 2 which is a big background check, can take up to 8 weeks to complete. appears to be several reasons for this: your employment history may not be simple ie you have multiple carriers/employers some of whom may have gone out of business that are difficult to run down; second, the review board that makes the final decision is sometimes hard to convene due to personal commitments/logisitics of the members.Also, starting later this summer, new hires will get a choice about which airplane they want the 320 or the 190. Theyre are adv and disadv (320 pays more, but longer upgrade time) (190 less $ initially but quicker upgrade results in income recovery) to each and the co thinks its most fair to let you choose based on your own situation. Just a sign of the friendly, fair way things are done here.

Hope this helps. good luck.

Last edited:
For those who get the call and move on to Phase 1:

Background and reference checks actually begin earlier than the wait for Phase 2. One of the main holdups for those with primarily civilian backgrounds has been receiving their PRIA mandated records from their current/past employers. Some employers are actually charging JetBlue for sending these PRIA records (Mesa, for example, charges $10 each time they send out a pilot's file. Don't get me started about how wrong this is for a federally mandated action.) There are some from the December '04 interviews still waiting for their files to be reviewed because outfits like Mesa are holding up their PRIA records.

My advice: When notified for Phase 2, start calling the records clerks at your past employers and give them a heads-up, then bug them daily 'til they get those records sent out. You help jetBlue complete your file in a timely fashion, and yourself with an earlier opportunity to get your file reviewed.

My suggestion only, this and $1.97 gets you a venti mild at Starbucks.

Red :)

1.97 for a venti??? Man, I need to shop where you do!!!!
Thanks for the info Red.
Still waiting and staring at the phone!

So I guess with interviews going every two weeks, phone interviews are going out almost daily throughout the month. I remember a few months ago you could kind of gear up for the phone call because they generally happened at a certain interval prior to the scheduled interviews.

As has been said here before, keeping my brain always ready for a no notice phone interview is quite a challenge. Time to review my "stories" once again.

Thanks for the replies!

OK

nope...we are running new hire classes approx every 2 weeks, not interviews. Interviews are held every other month. A group of approx 60 on Mar 8th and another group of approx 60 on Mar 9th. The process of approx 120 candidates invited to interview repeats itself again in May, July, Sep, and Nov. Hope that helps...

Latest resources

Back