• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Jetblue Phase 2

countryflyer

Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2002
Posts
12
Total Time
2800
I am lucky enough to have been invited to phase 2 at Jetblue, just getting nervous during the 6-8 week wait for the call. Does anyone know of someone making it to phase 2, and then getting the no thanks letter? Everyone has said that pretty much everyone makes it through, but I'm just wondering. I told them in the interview about a speeding ticket, the two dead hookers in vegas, Etc, so there should not be any surprises.

Thanks

countryflyer
 

mrtoy2

I am the great cornholio!
Joined
Sep 28, 2004
Posts
48
Total Time
enough
They asked me if I had ever been convicted of any felonys. I said: Convicted? No. images/icons/icon7.gif

Seriously, I also would like to know the answer to your question...
 

Booster

Been around a while
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Posts
97
Total Time
17K+
There has been the occasional candidate who has not passed Phase II.
The Board has a pretty good picture of you before you enter P II so unless they find more dead hooker bodies you will probably make it thru.

Welcome.
 

Dogwood

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 14, 2005
Posts
346
Total Time
18,000
countryflyer said:
I am lucky enough to have been invited to phase 2 at Jetblue, just getting nervous during the 6-8 week wait for the call. Does anyone know of someone making it to phase 2, and then getting the no thanks letter? Everyone has said that pretty much everyone makes it through, but I'm just wondering. I told them in the interview about a speeding ticket, the two dead hookers in vegas, Etc, so there should not be any surprises.

Thanks

countryflyer

Flyer,

There have been a few cases of phase II selectees not being hired, but not many. Phase II means they want you, if you have been honest with them. They use this time to research your back ground and to verify everything you have told them. If your application agrees with your resume, and is supported in the background check you can probably plan on being hired.

Good luck to you. It's a nice place to work. I've been here since March and already have 100 below me on the list.

DW
 

twgordy

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 10, 2003
Posts
73
Total Time
5000+
Don't worry.........they hired a lady that I know there about a year ago. If they hired her.........they will hire anyone. Now, I'm not God's gift to aviation but undeniably she was the worst pilot I've ever flown with.
Good Luck
 

IB6 UB9

I don't Remember
Joined
Oct 2, 2003
Posts
486
Total Time
10000+
You are in...unless you hid something. Congrats!
 

Mach92

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 3, 2001
Posts
315
Total Time
9000+
IB6 UB9 said:
You are in...unless you hid something. Congrats!

Uh not always. Over a year ago there was about 35 of us including me who made it to phase II. Out of the 35 12 or 13 of us did not get the job. My background is clean and it took JB over 2 months to let us all know. Nothing is for sure! I have no hard feelings at all. JB treated us all well in JFK.
 
Last edited:

Dogwood

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 14, 2005
Posts
346
Total Time
18,000
Mach92 said:
Uh not always. Over a year ago there was about 35 of us including me who made it to phase II. Out of the 35 12 or 13 of us did not get the job. My background is clean and it took JB over 2 months to let us all know. Nothing is for sure! I have no hard feelings at all. JB treated us all well in JFK.

I find that difficult to understand. There must be more to the story.
 

IB6 UB9

I don't Remember
Joined
Oct 2, 2003
Posts
486
Total Time
10000+
Mach92 said:
Uh not always. Over a year ago there was about 35 of us including me who made it to phase II. Out of the 35 12 or 13 of us did not get the job. My background is clean and it took JB over 2 months to let us all know. Nothing is for sure! I have no hard feelings at all. JB treated us all well in JFK.

Interesting. Not trying to insult your intelligents, but are you sure about this? That seems like an incredibly high number of rejections from Phase II.
 

bluemoon

Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2005
Posts
11
Total Time
LOTS
Hang tough, it's takes a while but its worth it JB a cool place to work for the bestof luck, see you on the line.
 

Mach92

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 3, 2001
Posts
315
Total Time
9000+
IB6 UB9 said:
Interesting. Not trying to insult your intelligents, but are you sure about this? That seems like an incredibly high number of rejections from Phase II.

Very sure I still have all the names. I can tell you one was a USAIR guy, one was ex TWA MD-80 capt one was a UAL guy just to name a few.Our interview class had a record high back then of phase II rejections. My understanding was this was right when JB hired a new CP and changed the process some. Like I said the interview was great and the JB people were great. Life goes on !
 

Hair-on-Fire

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 23, 2005
Posts
614
Total Time
10,000
The only problem now is that once you go to phase 2 they will contact your current employer (no choice). I hope the odds of making it past phase 2 are as good as they told me :)
 
Top