jetBlue phase-1

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

banger

I was lucky enough to get a Dec-5 nterview with JB and recieved the good news today that I had made it to phase-2. Now comes the long sit-n-wait until the backgrounds are completed.
Being a Delta furloughee I had the feeling I was going to be facing an uphill fight but the folks at JB really put me at ease and I was super impressed with everybody I met. Thanks JB!
Any other 5Dec wanabees hear yet?

Congrats!

How long was the wait from submitting your app. to getting the call for the interview. I've had my stuff in via the website for a couple months now and was curious.

Rice :cool:

JetBlue wait...

Congrats on the phase II...
I sent in the on-line app in Aug and was called for the interview 25 September... I thern interviewed 2 Oct and was hired 26 Nov...
Good Luck...

"Krunch"

Competitive times?

Krunch/Banger,
Just curious, what were your numbers for the competitive categories that JB lists on their website?

Total time
Turbine PIC
Time in A/C over 20,000 MTOW

With JB's computer based application, I'm having a hard time figuring out what gets you called for an interview.

I applied Aug, got called Vet's day for a 5Dec intervew, recieved notice that I made it to phase-2 on 9Dec.

6050 total (only 360 of that was civilian) all over 20K weight
3200 PIC turbine time.

For those JB's that went on to phase II, what kinds of question's did they ask your references when they called them? Thanks.

Hey all, I'll try to answer the questions to the best of my ability. This is my interpretation of stuff that I have been told by people who work at jetBlue.

First, as far as how long you have to wait from the application to being called, and about what are competitive hours. The way jetBlue does their selection for interviews is all on computer. They take all of the applicants and tell the program that they want pilots with xxx hours of military heavy time, then they want guys with xxx hours of part 121 time, then A320 time, etc. (these are all made up examples, I really don't know what all the criteria are) Then the computer spits out people with those specific qualifications. If they have too many, they up the minimums. When they get to the amount of people they think they need, they call you. They've even told the folks working here not to walk in your buddy's resume to try to get them an interview, because it won't do any good (to GET the interview, AFTER you interview, then it does make a difference), since it's all on computer. That's how some people get the call 1 month after they apply, and some have to wait months. It's almost like you're competing against guys in the same experience category as you, and not against everyone else.

Second, as far as the questions they ask your references, they used to practically interview them. "Tell me about a time when he....", but now all jetBlue does is verify that they wrote the letter and everything they wrote in it was true. So if you want anything extra to get in, make sure they put it on the letter.

Hope you guys get in. I've onlybeen here 8 months, but I love it, great company (and it's a job, either way)

fredflyer said:
Second, as far as the questions they ask your references, they used to practically interview them. "Tell me about a time when he....", but now all jetBlue does is verify that they wrote the letter and everything they wrote in it was true. So if you want anything extra to get in, make sure they put it on the letter.

Hey Fredflyer,

I've been told that they ask your references for additional references that they can "cold call". Do you know if this is correct? Also, as recently as last summer they were supposedly still "interviewing" your references, do you know when this practice was stopped?

Thanks in advance. I'm currently in Phase II and hoping for a February or March class.

Yeah, all that stuff was true before, when they "interviewed" your references, they did ask for someone to "cold call". Now however, all they do is ask the person if they wrote the letter. Again, I am speaking from personal experience, and not from the official company policy. I have written letters for a few people, and the last few times they called, they said that all they could do was ask if I wrote the letter, and that was it. I was waiting for them to interview me, but they said that that was no longer the policy. If I remember right, I wrote a letter for a guy in the May interview, and they "interviewed" me, then I wrote one for a guy in July, and they only asked me to confirm the letter. Now that I'm on the subject, just for your info on time frames, I wrote a letter for a guy in the November interview, and they still haven't called me about that one. So don't fret if you don't hear for a long time (like that would be easy) Good luck.

They still are doing interviews. Had my interview on Dec 5th - went onto Phase 2 Dec 9th. On the 10th they were interviewing my rec letters (up to 30 minutes), although one of them just needed to confirm he wrote the letter. Good luck all ---

Latest resources

Back