jetBlue pay rates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Iceback,

We have exactly the same limitation in our ops specs. The lowest authorized circling mins are 1000/3 or the actual mins whichever are higher. That said, the powers that be made a decision to train to actual mins in the sim (for the type rating only) in order not to have the limitation put on the type rating. I don't think the limitation will ever be removed in the ops specs, nor would I want it to be, but it was good of them to make sure we had unlimited type ratings. I think they did it just because, well, they could and it didn't hurt anything. Don't worry about your limitation; it's a very common one and I have difficulty seeing anyone having a hard time with it. There are far more important factors to consider. When the time comes to upgrade, it'll be removed as a matter of course, so save your money.

Jeff G

Thanks again for the quick reply... I didn't really think that the limitation would be an issue, but in today's environment you never know. Far more important issues do abound at an interview, however the smart applicant will do all in his power to lower the handicap. As always you've been a real help. I hope I can return the favor some day.

Ice

Hi!

I have read a number of posts from UAL guys, including some fairly senior captains who have switched to JetBlue. It must be a great company!

I would like to apply, but just have my ATP, so I don't have enough hours yet. I would guess you need 1000 PIC jet, as one of their minimums.

Cliff
GB,WI

Congrats on the upgrade Jeff G. A question for ya'. How many guys are currently on file. Are they using a first apply, first interview basis or are they looking for guys with bus time. I sent my app. in June 2001 and I still havent heard anything. hey Iceback, great questions, I learned alot.

I hope CAPTAIN Jeff doesn't get upset with me answering this one. There are 272 pilots on the March schedule. More currently in class. Interviewees are selected on qualifications now, not first apply, first interview. Obviously, bus time would be a plus but there are guys still being hired without any. For any of you that have applied in the past, please keep checking the web site for an updated application. It should be up in the very near future. This is important because the new app will not interface with the old system so EVERYONE will need to re-apply. The up side to this is that you will be able to update via the website at any time. Also, for atpcliff, the 1000 hrs pic is in turbine equipment. I don't believe turbojet is specifically named so if you have 1000 hrs pic in a turboprop, you meet that requirement. Good luck to everyone. I feel very fortunate to be here. Lucky is more like it.

Oh, jeez, CAPTAIN this-and-that... That's embarassing...

Anyway, to add to side stick-n's post, I get the impression that it really doesn't matter how many apps are on file. What really matters is how you stack up when the interview invitations are pulled from the database. That particular mix changes from month to month depending on the needs of the company. The "ideal" candidate doesn't fit into a neat set of numbers that are reused every month. In a recent interview pool, A320 time was used as a criterium, simply because a lot of A320 pilots have been put on the street lately and a lot had applied. But I don't think JB is just looking for furloughees with A320 time, but rather a mix of pilots from all backgrounds. Therefore, there's no way at all to figure your odds of being called in. Even the "insiders" don't know. Sorry I can't be more specific.

And, yeah, I thank God every day that I am where I am. Just unbelieveable, undeserved good fortune. Best of luck to all!

Quality of life?

Jeff G - Congrats on the upgrade!!

jetBlue sounds like a fantastic place to work. I've been fortunate enough to meet a few people in the company and I've been very impressed with everything I've seen and heard.

What is a typical month like for you, I.E., fly for 4 days, off for 3, fly for 3 more, etc? What have your trips and layovers been like (I know the route structure is constantly changing and expanding), do they put you up in nice places, etc? Just curious what your overall quality of life is like.

Thanks, fly safe and good luck!

Shaggy

stock options

Does anyone know the satus of jetBlue's ipo? I know they put the paperwork in on the 12th of Feb. How long does this normally take? Do you get the options at the start of training or after a certain time with the company?

Latest resources

Back