• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Parked in Bos

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here at Airtran, we got a bunch of airplanes sitting around Atlanta, especially on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays. I would imagine it will be like this til we spool the schedule up before Thanksgiving. Shouldn't have to worry about to many maintenance cancellations in ATL with all the spares sitting around.

Shouldn't have to worry about to many maintenance cancellations in ATL with all the spares sitting around.

I wouldn't count on that. The dispatchers would need a clue, and operations might actually have to make an effort to swap airplanes.....so it might happen, but count on a couple hours delay for the right people to remove their heads from there proverbial asses.

Is it true that Jetblue has parked six jets for the next few months in BOS ?

I haven't heard ANYTHING like that. If you see ships sitting in weird places up there, probably because we're missing two gates right now while MassPort does some new plumbing work and digging up concrete.

We do have a reduced sked...but it's not as much as some others.

Yes we will be parking planes in BOS for the next six months (rumored to go maybe at least 30 years more too). Just heard it from the CP's office.

We will be parking them for 30-60 minutes and then unexplainably they will take off again. Apparently our planes will be doing this all day. But then some of them will be parked from about midnight to 5am -- and get this, not fly at all during that time. WTFO?

DiamondDDDDDD -- where are you? Feeling woozy ...

I have heard that airlines don't make any money while the airplane is on the ground. We should really look at inflight refueling for commercial airplanes to keep them flying 24/7. Takeoffs and landings are just killing the airlines.

"I have heard that airlines don't make any money while the airplane is on the ground. We should really look at inflight refueling for commercial airplanes to keep them flying 24/7. Takeoffs and landings are just killing the airlines."

Actually they never do, just the folks who manage them...

Latest resources

Back