JetBlue Parked in Bos

anewunion

Total Time
Is it true that Jetblue has parked six jets for the next few months in BOS ?

maxblast72

Total Time
9000+
Here at Airtran, we got a bunch of airplanes sitting around Atlanta, especially on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays. I would imagine it will be like this til we spool the schedule up before Thanksgiving. Shouldn't have to worry about to many maintenance cancellations in ATL with all the spares sitting around.

FlyFastLiveSlow

BEWARE OF DOG(MA)
Total Time
less
Shouldn't have to worry about to many maintenance cancellations in ATL with all the spares sitting around.
I wouldn't count on that. The dispatchers would need a clue, and operations might actually have to make an effort to swap airplanes.....so it might happen, but count on a couple hours delay for the right people to remove their heads from there proverbial asses.

Headfake14

646 3A
Total Time
10000+
Is it true that Jetblue has parked six jets for the next few months in BOS ?

I haven't heard ANYTHING like that. If you see ships sitting in weird places up there, probably because we're missing two gates right now while MassPort does some new plumbing work and digging up concrete.

We do have a reduced sked...but it's not as much as some others.

Floatplane

Total Time
14000+
Need more cash=sell more airplanes. All 190's by 2112.:laugh:

Bavarian Chef

Registered jetBluser
Total Time
Yes we will be parking planes in BOS for the next six months (rumored to go maybe at least 30 years more too). Just heard it from the CP's office.

We will be parking them for 30-60 minutes and then unexplainably they will take off again. Apparently our planes will be doing this all day. But then some of them will be parked from about midnight to 5am -- and get this, not fly at all during that time. WTFO?

DiamondDDDDDD -- where are you? Feeling woozy ...

Beetle007

Total Time
4500+
I have heard that airlines don't make any money while the airplane is on the ground. We should really look at inflight refueling for commercial airplanes to keep them flying 24/7. Takeoffs and landings are just killing the airlines.

DIAMONDDD

Total Time
some

eprops

Total Time
"I have heard that airlines don't make any money while the airplane is on the ground. We should really look at inflight refueling for commercial airplanes to keep them flying 24/7. Takeoffs and landings are just killing the airlines."

Actually they never do, just the folks who manage them...

startingover

Total Time
enough
ITS THE DARN PILOTS

They always want to land the aircraft,

It is always their fault.

Costing the airlines money

Shame on them.

Beetle007

Total Time
4500+
Maybe it is the FAAs fault for requiring us to Land 3 times every 90 days.

anewunion

Total Time
Heard it from a Massport supervisor friend of mine. Just wondering if it was true.

Vastly Underemp

Mr. Priapism
Total Time
wasted
What's yellow and sleeps 12?

A massport truck