• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue open house

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was one at the open house on Friday May 14....
Got the call for an invite for the interview on Thurs. May 21
Interview set up for June 3....

Keep hope alive!! I know about 10 great guys that went throughout the week, only one has been called so far! It takes about 30 minutes each phone call to set up the interview. I heard this coming week will be very exciting with lots of phone calls. Good luck to all

Delta, definitely. AA? Not with the current levels of dysfunction. UA? HA,ha, ha... although I have high hopes it will be a worthy place again someday after the merger is complete. They gotta get through about 1300 furloughees first.

Dude -- we had UA furloughees leave the last time around (only to turn around and be furloughed again). Don't be so complimentary of your fellow pilot. We work at JB after all ... with no CBA, no COLA, no legal protection, no say on work rules, crappy health care, crappy OJI/LTD, etc etc.

Wait -- maybe that's why they left? A chance at a piece of cheese?

Some like baby swiss, some like goat, and some like head cheese... what kind of cheese do you like?

I was one at the open house on Friday May 14....
Got the call for an invite for the interview on Thurs. May 21
Interview set up for June 3....

skysurfer76 what number came up on caller id? Does it say jetBlue?

Old info, but back in 2007 it did not. My original call was from SLC.

Dude -- we had UA furloughees leave the last time around (only to turn around and be furloughed again). Don't be so complimentary of your fellow pilot. We work at JB after all ... with no CBA, no COLA, no legal protection, no say on work rules, crappy health care, crappy OJI/LTD, etc etc.

Wait -- maybe that's why they left? A chance at a piece of cheese?

Hey, I try to be a glass-half-full kinda guy. Taking a recall to UA in '07 was a bit different ball of wax than it would be today (reference the second furlough). I've flown with 3 guys just this month that were "not ready" for JBPA that are seriously pro-ALPA, so I'd like to believe the blinders are coming off (or maybe the blue juice is tasting, well, like blue juice).

For those who may be coming, it's certainly a better place than being on the street or sitting left seat at the mid and lower-tier regionals. Just keep your eyes and ears open, and SMILE at the interviews.

Hey, I try to be a glass-half-full kinda guy. Taking a recall to UA in '07 was a bit different ball of wax than it would be today (reference the second furlough). I've flown with 3 guys just this month that were "not ready" for JBPA that are seriously pro-ALPA, so I'd like to believe the blinders are coming off (or maybe the blue juice is tasting, well, like blue juice).

For those who may be coming, it's certainly a better place than being on the street or sitting left seat at the mid and lower-tier regionals. Just keep your eyes and ears open, and SMILE at the interviews.

I hope you're right. The glass isn't exactly half full though, if you consider the FSM and that whole process.

It's de minimis, I think.

You're on to something though ... "JetBlue - We're Better than the Mid and Lower Tier Regionals." I like it!

"JetBlue- We're Better than Mesa, Colgan, Chautauqua, and.... unemployment. Our pilots are de minimus!"

Maybe we can get some stickers made. I try to keep balanced in my views, but you're 100 percent right about the FSM and our "committees". Some of this crap is straight outta Dilbert.

Latest resources

Back