• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Newhire QOL/Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I definitely made the right decision to leave JB, but ask me again in 10 years and I may have a different answer (I hope not...:)).

No offense... but for our sakes at JB I hope you have to kick the livin $#it out of yourself for leaving! LOL:beer:

None taken! I'm fully prepared for that outcome. :beer:

He may see some short term adjustments at NJA due to the market and economy but I have no doubts that NJA will be a long term survivor and viable career option.

Poorly managed companies like Flight Options however will not be so lucky which is a shame. If flops can make it family airlines can in my opinion.

Citation Shares is another company that while running a good operation has never been profitable.

many of the smaller operations and no name fractionals are going tits up as we speak.

The other scary concern is the OEM'S They have backlogs that are 50-60% resellers meaning that sales companies buy slots and flip them prior to completion. When G550's are sitting on the lot it has to make you wonder..

Hell plus the plane I fly floats does yours?

wish I had a crystal ball, I'd be loaded.

He may see some short term adjustments at NJA due to the market and economy but I have no doubts that NJA will be a long term survivor and viable career option.
Looking at your comment as consumer, not a pilot, I truly know that the fractional market place is here to stay. So too are airlines. The question to ask ourselves is by what numbers will they survive? If each 91K folded then our economy would also have tanked. Which means other industries would suffer too. If the wealthy stops spending coin since they don't have it then hotels would close in numbers, airlines would see large amounts of lay-offs, eating out would cease and who would go to a movie. It would be a sad, sad time in our country. No, this will not happen.

Poorly managed companies like Flight Options however will not be so lucky which is a shame. If flops can make it family airlines can in my opinion.

Citation Shares is another company that while running a good operation has never been profitable.

many of the smaller operations and no name fractionals are going tits up as we speak.
Sad to see pilots losing their jobs because of wasteful management and their decisions.

The other scary concern is the OEM'S They have backlogs that are 50-60% resellers meaning that sales companies buy slots and flip them prior to completion. When G550's are sitting on the lot it has to make you wonder..

Hell plus the plane I fly floats does yours?
Not sure if I would like that selling point. I flew an aircraft that the manufacture bragged could withstand a 25g vertical impact. Great, they are planning on a crash to occur. Ouch :eek:

Last edited:
As for #1, I commute out of ORD. Piece of cake. Ignore the talk about delays. ORD is much better with an extra runway. U have 3 flights on us, 5 on Comair, 1 on AA mainline a day. If u throw LGA in the mix AA and UAL run one about every hour. You will always find a way to make it. And u can throw in EWR with about 12 a day. Only tough part is picking the right flight. On the other subject about pay, it will take about 3 years min to make up the red in difference in pay.

As for #1, I commute out of ORD. Piece of cake. Ignore the talk about delays. ORD is much better with an extra runway. U have 3 flights on us, 5 on Comair, 1 on AA mainline a day. If u throw LGA in the mix AA and UAL run one about every hour. You will always find a way to make it. And u can throw in EWR with about 12 a day. Only tough part is picking the right flight. On the other subject about pay, it will take about 3 years min to make up the red in difference in pay.

3 years if the A320 opens up or 8 years on the E-190

Latest resources

Back