Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Indy319FA

Starving Regional Pilot
Just a quick question for the jetBlue folks. I've been reading about the MCO training center and I was wondering when you will begin training there. The company press releases say it will be finished in "late" 2005. I have been unable to find any more updates than that. Is it on schedule to open late this year and do you know a specific date?

Thanks

First initial class goes through in early june or so...

MCO Non-rev NonBlue employees?

Hey congrats on the new Facilities in MCO and JFK. I was wondering how hard it will be for us poor nonblue slobs to catch a ride to work and back with you super folks? Several of us travel between MCO and JFK on one of the 9 JB flts a day, But they can get pretty dicey sometimes getting into Mickeytown...now with the training facitlity....do you think the standby list will ever get to us non blues?

Any Idea what days and times are the best for us to get up or down the east coast? Thanks in advance.....

It maybe a good idea to check loads as the already packed flights are about to get a lot worse, even for the crews who live down there. I have heard stories recently of captains being left as a result of full planes.

SUNDOWN said:
It maybe a good idea to check loads as the already packed flights are about to get a lot worse, even for the crews who live down there. I have heard stories recently of captains being left as a result of full planes.

Yeap I heard the same thing, thats why I posted the question.....thanks, I will call on loads before I try....Better yet, just buy a darn ticket like I have been doing.....

8vATE said:
First initial class goes through in early june or so...

Who do they use for instructors there.....current pilots, or a separate cadre of pilots? I'd be interested in doing some part time there on my time off if they ever use part time guys that live in the area.

Where exactly is the facility located?

Frac,

This is the general idea on the instructors. We have a lot of retired pilots as full time instructors. We also complement that group with our own F/Os. They are all on a full time basis as well. The F/Os make $65,000 to start with an 18 month commitment (I think those are the numbers still).

The facility is at the aiport from what I understand. Since I'm LGB based, I don't get into MCO so I'm not certain exactly where it's located at the airport.

Happy landings.

Latest resources

Back