• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jetBlue MCO Training Center

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Corner of Goldenrod and Cargo Road. If you see the new BLUE hangar for Live TV, it is straight north of there.

Live TV

sorry, but what's the hangar got ot do with "Live TV", and what is "live TV"?

I have had to answer that question on the app about "live TV" but have no idea what it is.?

thanks

thanks, I am familiar with the direct TV, but didn't know there was a name for that company.

I wasn't sure if it wasn't a clever name for something else.

LiveTV was bought by JetBlue several years ago. They have current contracts with Frontier, Westjet, Virgin Blue to install satellite tvs and with Airtran to install XM satellite radios-- which jetblue will be installing on our fleet later this year... Currently most of our aircraft have 36 channels of DirecTV and 2 pay per view movie channels... The hangar is specifically for LiveTV but will also be used for some light maintenance by jetblue.

BLUE BAYOU said:
LiveTV was bought by JetBlue several years ago. They have current contracts with Frontier, Westjet, Virgin Blue to install satellite tvs and with Airtran to install XM satellite radios-- which jetblue will be installing on our fleet later this year... Currently most of our aircraft have 36 channels of DirecTV and 2 pay per view movie channels... The hangar is specifically for LiveTV but will also be used for some light maintenance by jetblue.

To further explain to others that aren't aware (not you BBayou): LiveTV is the company that provides the equipment and DirectTV (tm) is the "satellite signal provider", and is the same as the company that provides service to homes. The two companies are not the same. It just so happens that JetBlue owns LiveTV as of a few years ago.

Hope that helps.

C yaaa

The Jetblue/LiveTV hangar is already in operation. The training center will have a formal ribbon cutting on June 7th, however, I know several pilots getting some PTs and PCs accomplished this month at the training center...

I'm in the last class to begin in MIA on May 25th. We do two weeks in MIA before driving to MCO for the opening of the training center and start the final portion of our training on June 8th. A new hire class is scheduled to begin on June 8th in MCO.

sayagain?

Latest resources

Back