jetBlue March 8th/9th Interview Session

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fins Up said:
I guess I didn't answer your specific questions in my last post so here ya go.

1. There are a lot of CBT's covering all the systems. I can't tell you how many.
2. There are 2 FMST's (Flight Management System Trainers ??) to get familiar with the cockpit and computer.
3. There are 5 "P's" (Procedures trainers). These are done either in a stationary procedures traininer or in the sim, but the sim motion won't be turned on.
4. There are 6 "M's" (Maneuvers). These are where you learn about managing the airplane to do what you want it to do. All your emergency procedures are in these as well.
5. M-6 is your pre-checkride warmup. The last two flights are your checkride (SIC rating issued as now required by ICAO) and your LOFT. The checkride should be easier than the warmup and the LOFT is no big deal - just a short flight (probably NY to BOS and back).
6. There will be several opportunities to get home for a few days during training. Most of the folks in my class did that. You should get at least two three day weekends while your there. The schedules do vary though from class to class. A few of us stayed around to enjoy Cocoa Beach, Margaritaville, etc. (oh yeah, and to study too).

Hope this info helps. Fire away any other questions you have.

Thanks for the info. Now a couple questions about pay. I know we get paid $2500 per month while in training...BUT

1. How many weeks does it take to get the first paycheck and about how much is it?

2. After you finish in MCO and go to NY for indoc, do we start getting per diem and the monthly guarantee or are we still on the $2500 / month?

I'm sure I'll think of more ??s but thats it for now.

Thanks,
Scott

pilotgolfer said:
Thanks for the info. Now a couple questions about pay. I know we get paid $2500 per month while in training...BUT

1. How many weeks does it take to get the first paycheck and about how much is it?

2. After you finish in MCO and go to NY for indoc, do we start getting per diem and the monthly guarantee or are we still on the $2500 / month?

I'm sure I'll think of more ??s but thats it for now.

Thanks,
Scott

1. The month is divided into two pay periods: 1-15, 16-30/31. Paydays are the 8th and 20th of each month. How much your first check is naturally depends on how much of the pay period you are there for. I started on the 12th and I think I got about a $30 pay check on the 20th.

2. You will probably go to NY for the "day in the life" indoc on a Friday. The following Sunday should be when your regular guarranteed pay kicks in. You'll see it on your schedule as "TRL". I don't know what that stands for, but it means your regular pay starts then.

Keep the questions coming. I got nothing but time.

Fins

Fins,

Thanks again for the info. Are there any out-of-pocket expenses for the uniforms or anything else that come to mind?

Scott

You will be issued your computer, charts (LIDO - not Jepps), computer bag, roll-on suitcase, four shirts, two ties, two pairs of pants, and a belt. No silly hats.

Food is your only major out of pocket expense. There's really not much else you need to bring.

You will need a bathing suit for the pool for the ditching course.

Minor correction: no more roll-a-boards for the pilots. Buy/bring your own. Also, all newhires will now get the leather jacket too.

Hey guys, Ive been lost in space, had a long set of days off. Well... after much thought 2 weeks ago I decided to turn down the offer. After a death in the family 2 months ago my priorities have changed a little bit. My wife and I are trying to spend as much time as we can with my niece, nephue, sister-in-law after my brother was killed in a work related accident. I know it sounds a little odd but we were all VERY close. Moving further away to the east coast (I could never handle a commute) was just not something we could do at this time, without any service to WI anywhere. Dont want to sound like a Debbie-downer but thats the way life is sometimes.

In the meantime (3 days ago) got a call from SWA, with a base in MDW, a quick drive to WI would be huge so our fingers are crossed.

Good luck to all of ya guys, great company thats gonna grow like crazy, great folks, great culture!!!!

Last edited:
Okay, lets start an age grouping for the people waiting in the pool for the A320 and see how they get called. I was hired in March but had to defer :(
for personal reasons. Now I've been bypassing the E190 for the A320. Lets see how we are all getting called when the A320 starts up again. Age 43.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back