• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

waterski

E90 335i
JetBlue 2Q Loss/Shr 3c Vs EPS 11c >JBLU
4 minutes ago - Dow Jones News

JetBlue 2Q Loss $7.00M Vs Net $21M >JBLU
3 minutes ago - Dow Jones News

JetBlue Airways Corporation (Nasdaq:JBLU) today reported its results for the second quarter 2008:

* Operating revenues for the quarter totaled $859 million, representing growth of 17.7% over operating revenues of $730 million in the second quarter of 2007. * Operating income for the quarter was $21 million, resulting in a 2.4% operating margin, compared to operating income of $73 million and a 10.0% operating margin in the second quarter of 2007. * Pre-tax loss for the quarter was $10 million, compared with pre-tax income of $43 million in the year-ago period. * Net loss for the quarter was $7 million, representing a net loss of $0.03 per diluted share, compared with second quarter 2007 net income of $21 million, or $0.11 per diluted share. * Cash and cash equivalents of $846 million and $397 million of investment securities at the end of the second quarter.

Are they still in business?

Are they still in business?

Yes they are!

Setting the world on fire too!

Jumping in and out of markets, returning/selling planes, canceling the construction of the Orlando training center, stock at 4 bucks and falling, executives leaving to form alter-ego airlines, losing money, pissed off pilots forming union, other airlines adding more and more flights to JFK.....

Impressive. Sounds like a crappy "legacy" airline.

At least the pilots are still picking up trash in the cabin, so People Express Part 2 still has that going for them.

And pulling out of ONT?

Yep. Here it is:
Effective Sept. 3, 2008, we will cease operations at ONT. It was a very hard decision to stop serving ONT as it was the first West Coast destination for our company. However, the TransCon flights are extremely vulnerable to the cost of fuel and fares simply have not risen enough to cover the cost of fuel in our original West Coast market. In addition to JFK-ONT service, we are also ceasing service between BOS-SFO and BOS-SJC at this time.

Further, we are making seasonal reductions in service in the following markets: JFK-SMF and IAD-BUR, IAD-LAS and IAD-SAN.

Yes they are!

Jumping in and out of markets, returning/selling planes, canceling the construction of the Orlando training center, stock at 4 bucks and falling, executives leaving to form alter-ego airlines, losing money, pissed off pilots forming union, other airlines adding more and more flights to JFK.....

At least the pilots are still picking up trash in the cabin, so People Express Part 2 still has that going for them.

It doesnt matter what you say Frank, you DS, GFY!

I wish they would "loosen" the 7MIL in my direction.

Ive never herd of "lewsez". Lou says what? Was the title supposed to be "JetBlue's Lou Says $7MIL Will Be Lost In Revenue"?

I have, however, heard of "loses".

I wish they would "loosen" the 7MIL in my direction.

Ive never herd of "lewsez". Lou says what? Was the title supposed to be "JetBlue's Lou Says $7MIL Will Be Lost In Revenue"?

I have, however, heard of "loses".

I hear their FAs are very loose too!!!

Yes they are!

Without your negative spin, your post could have read:

1. Testing markets and pulling out of a few that have underperformed. At the same time moving into market where others have failed.

2. Reducing the growth by deferring some orders, and and terminating leases on those with less favorable terms.

3. Orlando Training Center was completed 2 years ago. Oh ... You mean the housing we were going to build next to the training center. That was a dumb idea to begin with, so I'll give you that one.

4. Stock at $4. Well all I can say to that is SWA is clearly the winner currently, and their stock hoovers around $14. Not a big difference.

5. Not many execs have left. Neeleman was asked to leave due to the limit of his skills running a now somewhat bigger airline.

6. Lost 7m, compared to 2.3 billion at UAL. Still a loss but not uxexpected in this environment.

7. A few pilots are pissed off, but it's the same few who stay pissed their entire career. Clearly we need some CBA type of protections and some QOL and benefit adjustments, but to say the entire pilot group is pissed is wrong.

8. I think most feel pretty fortunate to be here, we just want to improve on what we have, which is doable.

ZERO furloughs scheduled, and we're hoping for no displacements, but no real word on that yet.

CEO and VP of Flt Ops comes to the company picnic in CLT and chats with the troops on any topic. (Invited)

Not claiming be setting the world on fire.

So, bottom line is your post is way off base.

Not drinking the blue juice, but just a little battle worn from 15 years at an ALPA legacy.

Nice try Frank

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back